• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
marcusj0015

What is BLB-Client?

7 posts in this topic

What is the Windows 7 BLB-Client? I see it in the Install wim tweak tool, and it sounds unnessacary, is it?

and what is this?

Display-ChangeDesktopBackground-Disabled

and all of these?

Common-Drivers-Package

Client-LanguagePack-Package

Client-Drivers

Client-Features

BusinessScanning

Editions-Client-Package

Help-CoreClientUAXX

Links-Package

Media-Format-Package

MobilePC-Client

MSMQ-Client-Package

NFS-ClientSKU

OfflineFiles

PeerDist

PeerToPeer

Personalization

PhotoBasic

PhotoPremium

Printing-Foundation

PrintingLocalFoundation

RasRip

RDC

Can I remove Group Policy?

How about TerminalServices?

Edited by marcusj0015

BLB Client is part of the Bit Locker Windows components.

The change desktop background is uh, a "feature" of Windows Starter. It forces the user to always have the same BG. MS didn't think Starter uses were worth allowing desktop background changes.

I wouldn't delete GP. It's a major part of Windows that allows you to configure many things under the hood. http://www.techrepub...icy-editor/3066

I don't think you need Terminal Services unless you're using a terminal program to log into a network. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_Desktop_Services#Terminal_Server

Edited by Moonchilde

BLB schould be Windows Backup

<update description="Windows Block Level Backup provides protection of windows OS and data for diaster recovery scenarios" name="WindowsBlockLevelBackup">

and Bitlocker should be SecureBoot:

"C:\Windows\servicing\Packages\Microsoft-Windows-SecureStartup-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7601.17514.mum"

<package identifier="BitLocker" releaseType="Feature Pack">

<parent integrate="delegate">

<assemblyIdentity buildType="release" language="neutral" name="Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" version="6.1.7601.17514" />

</parent>

<update description="Provides full volume disk encryption for boot volumes." displayName="BitLocker Drive Encryption" name="BitLocker">

BLB schould be Windows Backup

<update description="Windows Block Level Backup provides protection of windows OS and data for diaster recovery scenarios" name="WindowsBlockLevelBackup">

Oops got that mixed up. I should have known better not to post when I'm tired. There are several components to BLB (like BLB Drive) and client is one of them.

if you are in doubt open the MUM file and look at the description.