Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

ZeroStack

Cannot get target path in WinPE 3.0

Hello all,

I am having an issue within my WinPE that I don't know how to resolve. I am going off of this tutuorial:

I have a mapped network drive and I am trying to add the ghost image file address to the ghost command, but it cannot resolve the targetpath of the shortcut. When I do this in my normal OS, it can find everything perfectly - but when I move to my WinPE it cannot get the targetpath. It can get the description and location of the shortcut (lnk) on the mapped drive. Here is my snippet:

Dim colFilelist, objFile, strButtons, objShortcut, colTargetList, objTarget, x, y, strKey, strItem
ReDim arrButtons(1,-1)

details.innerHTML = ""
details.style.visibility = "hidden"
Set colFileList = objWMIService.ExecQuery _
("ASSOCIATORS OF {Win32_Directory.Name='M:\" & fileName & "'} Where ResultClass = CIM_DataFile")
For each objFile in colFileList
'MsgBox objFile.name
If objFile.Extension = "lnk" Then
Set objShortcut = objShell.CreateShortcut(objFile.name)
'odd = objShortcut.targetpath
'MsgBox odd

ReDim Preserve arrButtons(1,UBound(arrButtons,2)+1)
arrButtons(0,UBound(arrButtons,2)) = objShortcut.Description
arrButtons(1,UBound(arrButtons,2)) = "<Input type=radio name=radioList id='" & objShortcut.targetpath &_
"' onClick=showRadioInfo>" & objShortcut.Description & "</BUTTON><BR>"
End If
Next

It does get the shortcuts, but just not the shortcut path. Any ideas? I can post more code if need be.

If I just do a

Msgbox "Path =" & objShortcut.targetpath

It will just show

Path =

But if I do

Msgbox objShortcut.name 

it will provide the name of the shortcut(lnk) ( same concept with objShortcut.Description)

Edited by ZeroStack

What packages have you added into your WinPE?

I have placed:

winpe-mdac.cab

winpe-scripting.cab

winpe-hta.cab

winpe-pppoe.cab

winpe-wds-tools.cab

winpe-wmi.cab

Edited by ZeroStack

I forgot to post this as I posted it in that thread as well:

There is some changes to how VBScript is handled between WinPE 2.0 and WinPE 3.0, this I ran into when I updated my HTA as well. The changes aren't documented as far as I know.

But I wonder if you are having the same problem in WinPE 2.0?

I dont know, I havent tried as I have only built a WinPE 3.0....

If there are limitations in 3.0 vs 2.0, any idea how I can bypass this issue to get that information of the files on the network drive? I do not want to make the calls static as what would defeat the concept with what I am trying to do lol...