UDF + NTFS + EXFAT

Using the Winternals NTFS version, I was able to get my SATA working through a caddy which has an IDE interface.

Everything worked just like I wanted it to. The only time you get a BSOD is when you hook up a USB SATA drive.

I was able to copy from the NTFS drive without any problems. This is how I will be dual booting :w00t:

Other than that, I'm golden. I used the latest Windows 2000 files. Got some screenshots too :thumbup

Edit: added new information

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

Again, painful to use. If you insist, they are mostly the same but I've had better luck with XPSP3/Server2k3SP2.

D@mn! You wasn't lying, it takes some work to get it up and running. I have tested all files except the Server files.

I chose to stick with Windows 2000 files because they are very stable.

As far as I know, (someone correct me if I am wrong, I am not very familiar with this subject) both of the "utilities" for using NTFS on Windows 98 use files from later versions of Windows to actually access the NTFS drives. This being the case, the only "unknown" is how to get them loaded and working. Anyone up to trying to figure it out? :lol:

This being the case, I would think it should be possible to achieve an equivalent level of functionality if one could just figure out how to get those files loaded and working properly... :unsure:

I have got them working. if you still interested, I will post instructions later. Off to test the Paragon version :huh: Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

I chose to stick with Windows 2000 files because they are very stable.

I have got them working. if you still interested, I will post instructions later. Off to test the Paragon version :huh:

Good choice with Win2K files IMO. Windows 2000 is "closer" to Win98 than XP or later, while the earlier NT4 files may not properly recognize/support the later versions of NTFS.

Still interested. :yes:

Remember ladies and gentlemen, this is READ-ONLY :w00t:

1. Get these files from Windows 2000 Pro/Server source. The NLS files are the same regardless of the SP level.

AUTOCHK.EXE 5.0.2195.6881

C_437.NLS

C_1252.NLS

L_INTL.NLS

NTDLL.DLL 5.0.2195.7080

NTFS.SYS 5.0.2195.7050

NTOSKRNL.EXE 5.0.2195.7376

2. Copy all the files above to the root drive

C:\ or D:\ etc......

3. Install the Sysinternal/Winternal version 2.0. When asked for a directory create

C:\NTFS or D:\NTFS etc.......

4. After the files install, ignore the reboot.

5. Navigate to autoexec.bat and add the following lines

C:\NTFS\NTFSCHK.EXE /S /F /Q * or D:\NTFS\NTFSCHK.EXE /S /F /Q * etc.....

6. Locate the NTFSCHKA.BAT in the Windows directory and add /F right before the *

7. Reboot

Now you can view your NTFS drive, copy files from it and dual boot with it. You canNOT write files to the NTFS partition. Enjoy :thumbup

The advance options, I really don't understand them. I believe they are for the pro/write version. I could be wrong.

WARNING: Be careful using SATA drives unless you have a IDE adapter. Your system will crash.

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

AUTOCHK.EXE 5.0.2195.6605

C_437.NLS

C_1252.NLS

L_INTL.NLS

NTDLL.DLL 5.0.2195.7080

NTFS.SYS 5.0.2195.7050

I was just in the process of collecting those files in case I decide to experiment. I seem to have a later version of AUTOCHK.EXE, but earlier versions of all the others. :blink:

(I'm using my own Win2K Pro Slipstreamed CD with SP1+SP2+SP3+SP4+UR1.)

• 6 months later...

Remember ladies and gentlemen, this is READ-ONLY :w00t:

1. Get these files from Windows 2000 Pro/Server source. The NLS files are the same regardless of the SP level.

AUTOCHK.EXE 5.0.2195.6881

C_437.NLS

C_1252.NLS

L_INTL.NLS

NTDLL.DLL 5.0.2195.7080

NTFS.SYS 5.0.2195.7050

2. Copy all the files above to the root drive

C:\ or D:\ etc......
3. Install the Sysinternal/Winternal version 2.0. When asked for a directory create
C:\NTFS or D:\NTFS etc.......
4. After the files install, ignore the reboot.

5. Navigate to autoexec.bat and add the following lines only if you want CHKDSK to run and fix errors on startup

C:\NTFS\NTFSCHK.EXE * /F or D:\NTFS\NTFSCHK.EXE * /F etc.....
6. Locate the NTFSCHK.BAT in the Windows directory and add /F right after the * (asterisk)

7. Reboot

Now you can view your NTFS drive, copy files from it and dual boot with it. You canNOT write files to the NTFS partition. Enjoy :thumbup

The advance options, I really don't understand them. I believe they are for the pro/write version. I could be wrong.

WARNING: Be careful using SATA drives unless you have a IDE adapter. Your system will crash. This does NOT work on USB Flash Drive/HDD. These instructions applies to the write version as well.

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

• 11 months later...