Remember ladies and gentlemen, this is READ-ONLY
1. Get these files from Windows 2000 Pro/Server source. The NLS files are the same regardless of the SP level.
2. Copy all the files above to the root drive
C:\ or D:\ etc......
3. Install the Sysinternal/Winternal version 2.0. When asked for a directory create
C:\NTFS or D:\NTFS etc.......
4. After the files install, ignore the reboot.
5. Navigate to autoexec.bat and add the following lines
C:\NTFS\NTFSCHK.EXE /S /F /Q * or D:\NTFS\NTFSCHK.EXE /S /F /Q * etc.....
6. Locate the NTFSCHKA.BAT in the Windows directory and add /F right before the *
Now you can view your NTFS drive, copy files from it and dual boot with it. You canNOT write files to the NTFS partition. Enjoy
The advance options, I really don't understand them. I believe they are for the pro/write version. I could be wrong.
WARNING: Be careful using SATA drives unless you have a IDE adapter. Your system will crash.
This post has been edited by PROBLEMCHYLD: 19 February 2013 - 01:54 PM