• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
portcorey1

Windows cannot read the <Product Key> setting from the unatten

28 posts in this topic

Hi Max

If I remove the pid.txt from sources It gives the dreaded "cannot read product key"

I have done many reinstalls using new VM's

When I receive the above "cannot read product key" if I try to shift F10 to access either setuperr.log

or setupact.log gives access denied!

I do have "will wipe disk true" in the xml, same ans file I posted on page one of this thread.

I used your first xml and put my key in and it starts right away installing after I discard VirtualBox VM and start fresh.

The one I modified for you MAVERICKS CHOICEAutounattend.xml removing some things out of place works also here

Apparently your image is messed up?

should not have this C:\Windows.old

Did you use an upgrade key and then capture the disk for your image? It sure looks so.

Edited by maxXPsoft

I exported an original W8prox64 image from a wim & used a W8 test key as page one to install.

Noticed that key is now invalid, probably why I require the pid.txt in Sources to have a partial UA install!