Help with unatended xml

Hi everyone,

I am trying to create my unattended xml file with the Windows ADk but I am having a little bit of trouble I can’t get past the partitioning screen and there aren’t any errors in the windows system manager. I have attached a copy of my unatened xml if you could tell me what I am doing wrong I would appreciate it.

Thanks for your time.

Corey

Autounattend.xml

Hi how do I have the partision fill the entire harddrive thanks can you please provide an example what size would I put in Here is my new xml file please take a look and how do I add a computer name thanks. .[quote name=portcorey1' timestamp='1343657943'

post='1005521]

Hi How do I have it take up the entire harddrive thanks inadvance.

Change the Extend in CreatePartitions to false and add a size.

Autounattend.xml

You already have an extend in ModifyPartitions, so that should be sufficient.

You can find more info on the Unattend files here:

Now when I try to install using the atached xml file the message is that it can't install to drive 0 partsion 1 please help thanks.

Hi how do I have the partision fill the entire harddrive thanks can you please provide an example what size would I put in Here is my new xml file please take a look and how do I add a computer name thanks. .[quote name=portcorey1' timestamp='1343657943'

post='1005521]

Autounattend.xml

This is on win8 release preview 64bit I don't know why it isn't working thanks in advance.

Now when I try to install using the atached xml file the message is that it can't install to drive 0 partsion 1 please help thanks.

post='1005521]

Again, change the Extend in CreatePartitions to False and add a Size. Change the Extend in ModifyPartition back to True.

What kind of hardware are you attempting to install on? Is it a notebook?

What if you install manually, does Setup still give you the error when trying to install?

Hi if I install with out the xml it works fine I am installing on a home built desktop what do I put in for the sizeof the partision I want to use the hole hd thanks so much.

Again, change the Extend in CreatePartitions to False and add a Size. Change the Extend in ModifyPartition back to True.

What kind of hardware are you attempting to install on? Is it a notebook?

What if you install manually, does Setup still give you the error when trying to install?

Hi I have atached my xml with the change is this what you wanted me to change it bc now when I try to install I receive the error that windows can't install to drive 0 partision please help thanks file is atached1

Set it for 20GB or so, that's what I have for my full disk, single partition answer files.

Specifically, I have: 20480

Autounattend.xml

Your InputLocale has invalid data in it. Change it to this:

<InputLocale>0409:00000409</InputLocale>

Take this out of the ImageInstall object

<InstallToAvailablePartition>true</InstallToAvailablePartition>

Take this out of UserData

<FullName>Corey Knapp</FullName>