Project: Image DOS with Imagex

Tripredacus

I can say that this allows writing the WIN98 type bootsector. Rebooting and the DOS "image" comes up as normal.

Good. :)

This translated should mean that the "image" (which is not an image) worked and booted allright, right? :unsure:

So this will work using Mbrfix presuming the original image was created using one of the 3 boot sector types it supports. So if it were actually using a Win95 or other version of DOS, some other method would be required to deploy it properly.

Naah. :rolleyes:

The Win98 bootsector that mbrfix writes is definitely capable of booting Win95.

For DOS 5 or 6.x there are other switches DOS5 and DOS6, so it is "compatible" down to at least 5.0, but this would be SENSELESS :ph34r: on a FAT32 volume (as FAT32 is a filesystem that real DOS pre-7.x cannot access).

jaclaz

Good. :)

This translated should mean that the "image" (which is not an image) worked and booted allright, right? :unsure:

I guess it does... I mean, they did not tell me how to use it. It appears to be some sort of calibration program for "something" I presume we do not have. So yes! :lol:

I guess it does... I mean, they did not tell me how to use it. It appears to be some sort of calibration program for "something" I presume we do not have. So yes! :lol:

No offence whatever intended, mind you :), but both the "they" and the "we", appear - at least from a distance and from the way you describe the whole thing - a lot like having some very good stuff available.... :ph34r:

129109848681747089.jpg

:lol:

jaclaz