stuck at 13 minutes saying "registering components

KapnJackSparrow

I have new problem with an nlite installation of windows xp

it hangs at 13 minutes saying "registering components" what exactly is is trying to do at this point? if it is trying to make registry changes I can do that during the installation procedure if needed.

second question give the amount of trouble I am having does nlite have problems running under windows xp-x64?

last question what does this mean under the last session.ini

[Components]

;# Compatibility #

Compat01

Compat02

Compat03

Compat04

Compat06

Compat07

Compat08

Compat09

Compat11

Compat13

Compat14

Compat15

Compat16

Last Session.ini

thank you, I got it to work with this configuration from windows xp instead of windows xp-x64 I will trouble shoot more to figure out if I found anything.

still complains about not being able to install the batteries but that's ok I can fix that, and it boots now ^_^. which is a plus.

the original media is an windows XP with service pack 2 disk from Microsoft. I copied it to the hard drive to work on. I have confirmed that the copy before running nlite does not have the issue with the batteries being unable to install. since switching to windows xp and using a bootable usb stick instead of a cd I have not been able to reproduce the Bad_pool_caller issue I was having before (where I had at least 5 or 6 disks that all had the same issue (I did always recopy from my source disk after every failed attempt to ensure that there wasn't something wrong with my copy.)

I have included both my non working ini and the latest one that works if you want to compare them.

Next question is it possible to have nlite configure the installer to copy files from the disk to the system32 folder (I so that I don't have to manually copy Batt.dll) ?

also is it possible to have it merge a .reg file (perhaps set it up as an .inf file and include it as a driver)?

Last Session (Works).ini

W500(Bad_Pool_caller).ini

Edited by KapnJackSparrow