Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

XPCREATE - Call of XPCMAIN

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

Bluelane

Bluelane
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 13-February 04
Hello!

I have one simple? question:
When a call is issued from XPCREATE.CMD with switch (RUNOPTION) = XXX nothing happens. At least you don't see anything. When looking into the script-file you seem to leave (goto endquiet) without e.g. "Slipstream MDAC". Is this behaviour OK or have I missed something?

Regards BlueLANe

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

ineXPlicable

• Developer
  • 3,062 posts
  • Joined 22-August 03
Welcome to MSFN, Bluelane.

What you are refering to can be called a UPAC error.

My simple question ... Why would you want to try to pass XPCREATE a parameter?

Also, it appears you are not using the latest (once again, unnumbered) release. Please update, and extract the distrution ZIP file to an EMPTY directory.

Bluelane

Bluelane
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 13-February 04
Hi again!

Sorry for not being updated (I downloaded 2004-02-16) but as we are working in computer business you ought to/should for new releases every day?!.

I didn't make a call with parameters. That was initiated by XPCREATE and choosing one item from the menus. I will test this new version asap, so you can (maybe) forget my first question. SORRY!

PS What does UPAC stand for?? Is that something also called SBTK (s*** Behind The Keyboard)? DS

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

ineXPlicable

• Developer
  • 3,062 posts
  • Joined 22-August 03
XPCREATE code is very close to being frozen at a REAL version number (I'm thinking of 0.69, or Deep 6, any ideas?) Do remember, this is, at best, alpha code, and updates, or bug corrections, are inevitable.

I also suspect that some people are just extracting the newer releases over older releases. When updating, it is recommended to update to an empty directory, and copy the hotties over into the corresponding directories.

Now that you've "come out", please let us know how it works out.

UPAC = User Peeked At Code

Hej pa dej!

shareef59

shareef59

• PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Joined 21-November 03

XPCREATE code is very close to being frozen at a REAL version number (I'm thinking of 0.69, or Deep 6, any ideas?) Do remember, this is, at best, alpha code, and updates, or bug corrections, are inevitable.

How about XPCREATE PS 0.69 ? :rolleyes:
PS = Perfect Solution :)
Read the rules.

mdes

mdes

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Joined 07-November 03
I tested more than 69 times :)
Windows XP Pro French + SP2 Many Thanks to GreenMachine XPCREATE
Michel Dessaintes (nick: mdes) FlashList for genealogy, CongésRFV for Pocket PC