Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

WinPE 4.0 Multi Boot x86 & x64

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

rob4dance

rob4dance
  • 6 posts
Hi,

For Win7, my USB key has BCD Entries to boot:
1) WinPE 3.0 x86 Edition
2) WinPE 3.0 x64 Edition
3) Windows 7 Setup (All in One)

I've been trying to do similar for WinPE 4.0 but can't get it to work.
All I need is to have the choice to boot either 32 or 64 bit & I can manually run the setup from there.
FOR /F "delims={} tokens=2" %%I IN ('bcdedit /store boot\bcd /copy {default} /d "WinPE x64"') DO SET OSGUID=%%I
SET OSGUID={%OSGUID%}

bcdedit /store boot\bcd /set %OSGUID% device ramdisk=[boot]\Boot\WinPE_x64.wim,{7619dcc8-fafe-11d9-b411-000476eba25f}
bcdedit /store boot\bcd /set %OSGUID% osdevice ramdisk=[boot]\Boot\WinPE_x64.wim,{7619dcc8-fafe-11d9-b411-000476eba25f}

FOR /F "delims={} tokens=2" %%I IN ('bcdedit /store boot\bcd /copy {default} /d "WinPE x86"') DO SET OSGUID=%%I
SET OSGUID={%OSGUID%}

bcdedit /store boot\bcd /set %OSGUID% device ramdisk=[boot]\Boot\WinPE_x86.wim,{7619dcc8-fafe-11d9-b411-000476eba25f}
bcdedit /store boot\bcd /set %OSGUID% osdevice ramdisk=[boot]\Boot\WinPE_x86.wim,{7619dcc8-fafe-11d9-b411-000476eba25f}

bcdedit /store boot\bcd /displayorder %OSGUID% /addfirst

bcdedit /store boot\bcd /default %OSGUID%

bcdedit /store boot\bcd /timeout 10
With WinPE 4.0 I don't get a menu. The timeout value makes no difference. It does boot though. Seems to boot whatever is the 1st entry only...

Also, if I do get this working, does it only apply to Bios or do I need to modify BCD in the EFI folder as well?
I think I'll most likely be booting in UEFI mode to utilize GPT...

Any help would be great! I don't need to be carrying too many usb keys!

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

cdob

cdob

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

With WinPE 4.0 I don't get a menu.

Delete value bootmenupolicy
bcdedit.exe /store boot\bcd /deletevalue {default} bootmenupolicy

bootmgr itself shows a progress bar by default. That's bootmenupolicy is missing.

rob4dance

rob4dance
  • 6 posts

With WinPE 4.0 I don't get a menu.

Delete value bootmenupolicy
bcdedit.exe /store boot\bcd /deletevalue {default} bootmenupolicy

bootmgr itself shows a progress bar by default. That's bootmenupolicy is missing.

That's it! Thanks heaps! :thumbup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN