Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Q: Securing a folder that php writes to

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Foo

Foo
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 10-August 12
XP Pro

Xampp server

In PHP, the page will copy a file to another folder. (works)
That other folder that the file is copied to is shared. (works)

I have the folder's security set up to only allow a particular user to have full control over it.
(doesn't work unless I also allow System as a user that has full control. The part that won't work is that php can't open the folder to write to.)
The php page will appear in the shared/secured folder with these settings. (works) As long as System is also enabled under user permissions.

The part that doesn't work is;
when I access the shared folder from another computer on the domain, I can get to the copied file but I can't delete it.

What I am attempting to do:
I want the website to copy a page that was created with php to another folder. That copied page can be viewed through the web browser at its new location.
I want particular users to be able to clean that folder out when the files become numerous. But I don't want just anyone getting into the folder.

Is there another user type that I need to add to the security tab? I have allowed full control to both my user and system.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Foo, 10 August 2012 - 04:59 PM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Foo

Foo
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 10-August 12
Solved.

It had to do with share permissions and ntfs permissions being at different levels/users. Didn't realize that they could both scale separately like that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users