• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
Foo

Q: Securing a folder that php writes to

2 posts in this topic

XP Pro

Xampp server

In PHP, the page will copy a file to another folder. (works)

That other folder that the file is copied to is shared. (works)

I have the folder's security set up to only allow a particular user to have full control over it.

(doesn't work unless I also allow System as a user that has full control. The part that won't work is that php can't open the folder to write to.)

The php page will appear in the shared/secured folder with these settings. (works) As long as System is also enabled under user permissions.

The part that doesn't work is;

when I access the shared folder from another computer on the domain, I can get to the copied file but I can't delete it.

What I am attempting to do:

I want the website to copy a page that was created with php to another folder. That copied page can be viewed through the web browser at its new location.

I want particular users to be able to clean that folder out when the files become numerous. But I don't want just anyone getting into the folder.

Is there another user type that I need to add to the security tab? I have allowed full control to both my user and system.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Foo

Solved.

It had to do with share permissions and ntfs permissions being at different levels/users. Didn't realize that they could both scale separately like that.