Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

what tweaking programs like RT7lite will work with windows 8?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

hclarkjr

hclarkjr

• PipPip
  • 299 posts
been waiting for some people to post which ones work with 8.

Cooler master HAF932, Dell 2408WFP, Gigabyte P67A-UD4 B3 REV. 1.1, Intel core I7 2600K@ 4GHZ, XIGMATEK SD-1283 Gaia, Intel X25-M G2 160GB, 16GB DDR3 1600 Gskill Ripjaws ,XFX radeon HD6950, Pioneer BDR-205, Samsung SH-S243N 24X DVD-RW, western digital black 2TB,Antec TPQ-850 850W , windows 8.1 pro X64

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

MrJinje

MrJinje

Tool™ Developer

• Developer
  • 1,038 posts
Windows 8 tools might benefit from a re-tooling. The new features in DISM replace IMAGEX so the developers of 8Lite style apps won't need to include any WAIK files (because DISM 8 is in the RTM iso). Also if MSFT is now supporting the removal of files from the WINSXS folder, it likely means that nLite style images (of Windows 8 and 2012 only) might be available for use (and supported) at the corporate level.

Edited by MrJinje, 11 August 2012 - 08:27 PM.

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 5,985 posts

Donator

Legos WinToolkit should work with Windows 8.
Posted Image

patozan

patozan
  • 5 posts
The author says it does, but in my experience some features are not working well (like component removal). So no, there is nothing out there yet truly designed to work with Windows 8. Not to my knowledge, that is.

MrJinje

MrJinje

Tool™ Developer

• Developer
  • 1,038 posts

So no, there is nothing out there yet truly designed to work with Windows 8. Not to my knowledge, that is.

Haven't found anything yet, been doing things the manual way with the new W8 DISM though.

Edited by MrJinje, 16 September 2012 - 08:22 PM.

vbfrudij

vbfrudij
  • 3 posts

The author says it does, but in my experience some features are not working well (like component removal). So no, there is nothing out there yet truly designed to work with Windows 8. Not to my knowledge, that is.

Hello.
You're right, I tried to use the last version of WinToolkit with Windows 8 and the components removal does not work properly. I succeed to actually remove some packages but there are actually still present or the application generates an error. Well it's not operational yet.
I'm also very interested in finding a way to shrink Windows 8 for professional use.

Edited by vbfrudij, 29 September 2012 - 11:03 PM.

chlje

chlje

• 26 posts
do it manually with scripts, i reduced the iso to 1.3GB :yes:

boogerlad

boogerlad

Junior

• Pip
  • 52 posts
care to share the scripts?

vbfrudij

vbfrudij
  • 3 posts
+1 I don't know any thing about it, but it'll be great if you can give us more info please. Thanks in advance

MrJinje

MrJinje

Tool™ Developer

• Developer
  • 1,038 posts
Have a read here.

http://www.msfn.org/...registry-tweak/

Defcon79

Defcon79

• 11 posts
I read the vLite thread, and would appreciate if someone could post some scripts to build a lighter Win 8 Pro image with the bloat removed and a smaller WinSxS.

boogerlad

boogerlad

Junior

• Pip
  • 52 posts
Using dism to remove the packages and features, even with the tweak, have barely reduced the wim. I'm waiting for winreducer to be released.

billybully

billybully

• 18 posts
1. The creator of RT 7 Lite, bensam56, recently said he will create a tool to shrink Windows 8, RT 8 Lite, if you wish. You can find out more at the Rockers Team forums.
2. winterstorm, the creator of RT 7 Booster (renamed to Winreducer), has released Winreducer for Windows 8. So far, that is the completest Windows 8 shrinking software I've seen. You can find out more at the Winreducer forum (just Google "winreducer").
3. Win Toolkit, from Legolash20, claims to work with Windows 8. Judging by the comments in this post, I'm not sure that's true. Anyway, you can find out more in Wincert forums.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN