Win8 Developer Preview no longer updating

JorgeA

I'm multibooting Windows 7 and the Windows 8 Developer Preview, Consumer Preview, and Release Preview in the same machine. My DP install hasn't detected any new updates for it since May.

Most of the time when I run WU on the DP, I get an error message. Once in a while, one particular Nvidia graphics card driver update shows up, but the installation keeps failing. I've tried all sorts of methods and procedures for the error codes, and I've even tried to visit the MS pages for individual updates, but there appears to be nothing available for the DP.

I used to think that it was some sort of technical problem with my DP installation, but not anymore so I'm not even bothering to give the details. Instead, can anybody confirm that Microsoft has actually stopped issuing Windows Updates for the Developer Preview?

--JorgeA

Looks like its EOL, so to speak. :sneaky:

I would suggest you to upgrade to Windows 8 Release Preview from Windows 8 Developer Preview. Windows 8 Developer Preview is no more supported. This issue may be caused due to unavailability of the apps and other Windows updates

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-performance/windows-8-developer-privew-restart-automatic-evrey/42078f08-9cc9-40ed-9551-627d43cc1450

Thanks, Tripredacus. It's a shame that people have to dig around for this kind of info. If MS had simply come out and said so, they'd have saved some of their customers a bunch of time.

--JorgeA