I have a HP Color LaserJet CP 3525. Change the driver to grayscale via

clivebuckwheat

i have two queues a Black and white queue called 2F26-BW and a color queue called 2F26-CLR.

I am installing the printers using the following command

net stop spooler

reg.exe ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Ports" /v \\MyPrinterserver\2F26P-CLR /t REG_SZ /f

reg.exe ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Ports" /v \\MyPrintserver\2F26P-BW /t REG_SZ /f

net start spooler

rundll32 printui.dll PrintUIEntry /if /b "2F26P-CLR" /r "\\MyPrintserver\2F26P-CLR" /m "HP LaserJet P3011/P3015 PCL6"

rundll32 printui.dll PrintUIEntry /if /b "2F26P-BW" /r "\\MyPrintserver\2F26P-BW" /m "HP LaserJet P3011/P3015 PCL6"

rundll32 printui.dll PrintUIEntry /y /n "2F26P-BW"

Screen%20shot%202012-08-14%20at%201.57.19%20PM.jpg

Everything is working great, except for the 2F26-BW queue, the driver is defaulting to color, I would like it to be grayscale. I need to do this via command line because I have a lot of stations to run this script on.

Edited by clivebuckwheat

There are 2 things I can think of. First is to monitor the registry for the changes made when you select the grayscale box. Then export those keys and import the .reg into another PC to see if it changes it. As read about here.

The other thing is to use wmic to change the color setting.

See Win32_PrinterConfiguration's Color object.

This is example code, since I don't actually have your printer. I can't test it exactly myself since I do not have a color printer.

wmic printerconfiguration where "name='HP Color LaserJet CP 3525'" set Color=1

Now the value of "name" should match the name it has in Printers and Devices, otherwise you'll have to check the WMI yourself to see what name it actually has if that doesn't work.