Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

high Hard pagefault resolution time

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

CharlotteTheHarlot

CharlotteTheHarlot

MSFN Master

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts

ok guys, so yesterday i was really frustrated and went my guts and bought a new HDD and inserted, formatted and installed a fresh windows and then all my drivers. and guess what, the prblem is gone and my computer feels 20X faster.

what still bothers me though and from the numbers and tests i couldnt pinpoint the exact issue for sure.

anyway thank you all for your help and input's. really appreciate it.

Regards

You can always put the disk back in and run the bootable CD diags (link is in my previous post) and/or continue pursuing the Windows misconfiguration.

Alternatively if you have the means, using an adapter (2.5" to SATA) you can connect that disk to another computer as an auxillary drive and run a full battery of tests (bootable CD HDD diags or Windows based utilities).

You shouldn't be bothered by not determining the root cause because when you did the full install of Windows to a new HDD you effectively performed two solutions at once, consequently neither the hardware (failing HDD) or software (OS or other) can be pinpointed.

... Let him who hath understanding reckon the Number Of The Beast ...

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN