Can't change advanced sharing options
Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:30 PM
No matter what I set in Advanced network and sharing options, it switches back to previous values. to be more specific, I cannot change Network discovery, File and printer sharing, Public folder sharing.
I thought it could be firewall problem, so I resetted it to defaults despite I didn't touch it at all. I am also on pretty much clean installation.
Any ideas what's going on?
Some observations: if I disable firewall, the first two options switch to enabled, but public folder sharing remains off (still unchangeable).
When I switch either of the first two options off, firewall automatically enables itself.
It's a mystery and it sucks.
Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:09 PM
1. Have you previously set any registry settings regarding the network manually or via a .reg file?
2. Do you have any active GPOs?
3. Are you using a modified OS created from using one of the "lite" tools or something similar?
4. What version of Windows 7 are you using?
Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:19 AM
2) no, it's a home PC
4) x64 Pro
I googled it up and it's not rare it seems, I got several results where people had exactly the same problem. Unfortunately most of them couldn't solve it. Some had problem with firewall rules, but that's not my case.
This post has been edited by TheWalrus: 17 August 2012 - 04:19 AM
- ← USB stick slow load/show
- Windows 7
- Comments column missing in Explorer after Robocopy operation. →