I have about 125 Gb of music on my computer. This is what I am attempting to do:
- Music Folder > Artist > Album(s) > song files.extension
- For the Album(s) folders, I want the template to be "music" and with details view.
- For the main Music Folder and all Artist folders, I want them to the "general" template with Icon view (half way between large and extra large).
- Select my main Music Folder,set it to "music" template and checked 'apply to sub-folders'. Apply and OK. Refresh.
- Set the view to "details", go to Organize > Folder and Search Options, view tab, apply to all folders of this type.
- Select the main Music Folder again, set it to "general" template without 'apply to sub-folders' checked and hit apply.
- Changed the view of main Music Folder to "icon" view.
So far it is Music Folder (general template) > Artist (music template) > Album(s) (music template) > song files.extension
Now here's the problem, if I change the Music Folder to have general items template and apply to sub-folders, it's going to also apply it to the album folders I don't want it applied to.
I tried selecting all of the Artist folders at once and right-click, edit and change to "general" template (without checking the apply to sub-folders), but it will not batch change all of them and will only change the one that I click on. Without this simple ability, I am going to have to manually select all 526 Artist folders and individually change each one to general.
So is there a way to batch edit this at all (either in Windows or with a third-party program, really any way at all)?