Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Creating unattended installation witout original Win CD

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

HNe

HNe
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 21-August 12
Hi

I regularly have to install and configure a Siemens Microbox PC with Windows Embedded 2009.

I don't have the original windows embedded install CD, but only a recovery CD supplied from Siemens.

I it possible to add programs to this already working recovery CD?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developer
  • 14,802 posts
  • Joined 23-July 04

Hi

I regularly have to install and configure a Siemens Microbox PC with Windows Embedded 2009.

I don't have the original windows embedded install CD, but only a recovery CD supplied from Siemens.

I it possible to add programs to this already working recovery CD?

Yes/No. :w00t:
It greatly depends on how the recovery cd is made.
Generally speaking you have two possible ways:
  • recreate (if possible) a "standard" or semi-standard install CD (and from it create an unattended install)
  • create your own "recovery" CD for your already installed and configured machine
BUT, specifically an "install CD" for Windows Embedded (2009 or other release) simply does not exist.
Windows Embeeded is a "building environment" in which you "assemble" various components and the result is not an "install CD" but rather a "target image", i.e. the result is an image of the "already installed" system.

In many cases the result that you get is a step before a "fully installed system", something that needs a "first boot" to complete configuration.

If you need to re-install often, I think your best bet is to make a "recovery image" (i.e. a an image of the running system) and re-deploy it.

jaclaz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users