Creating unattended installation witout original Win CD

Hi

I regularly have to install and configure a Siemens Microbox PC with Windows Embedded 2009.

I don't have the original windows embedded install CD, but only a recovery CD supplied from Siemens.

I it possible to add programs to this already working recovery CD?

Hi

I regularly have to install and configure a Siemens Microbox PC with Windows Embedded 2009.

I don't have the original windows embedded install CD, but only a recovery CD supplied from Siemens.

I it possible to add programs to this already working recovery CD?

Yes/No. :w00t:

It greatly depends on how the recovery cd is made.

Generally speaking you have two possible ways:

1. recreate (if possible) a "standard" or semi-standard install CD (and from it create an unattended install)
  2. create your own "recovery" CD for your already installed and configured machine

BUT, specifically an "install CD" for Windows Embedded (2009 or other release) simply does not exist.

Windows Embeeded is a "building environment" in which you "assemble" various components and the result is not an "install CD" but rather a "target image", i.e. the result is an image of the "already installed" system.

In many cases the result that you get is a step before a "fully installed system", something that needs a "first boot" to complete configuration.

If you need to re-install often, I think your best bet is to make a "recovery image" (i.e. a an image of the running system) and re-deploy it.

jaclaz