Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Windows RE; List of Commands in the Command Prompt

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

DiracDeBroglie

DiracDeBroglie

• PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Joined 07-December 11
I've been roaming the internet for a day now and still I haven't found what I'm looking for: that is, a list of build-in line commands for the WinRE Command Prompt, which comes with any Windows 7 computer. In the "normal" command prompt in Windows 7, the command (C:\Windows\system32>)help generates a list of all build-in line commands. However, in the Command Prompt of the Window 7 repair disk (WinRE) the command HELP does not work. I've tried all sorts of other commands too, like LIST, /? , ?/, MAN(ual) , .... but nothing seems to generate a list of available line commands under the Windows Recovery Environment Command Prompt.

So, how can I know what the available commands are in WinRE? Is there anything, any means to determine the commands that are available? A website with a list of all commands, ... maybe, ... hopefully, ...

I've been surfing in the RAMDISK ( X:\ ) after having booted into WinRE, and I did find some commands like Dism.exe, and a few others but that was it; the build-in line commands I couldn't see.

johan

Edited by DiracDeBroglie, 23 August 2012 - 02:59 PM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,972 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

All WindowsRE is just WinPE with the Recenv program in it... oh and it uses a winpeshl.ini and setup.exe, etc.
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
tpxmsfn1_zps393339c1.jpg

rob4dance

rob4dance
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 02-December 07
Are you in Windows or WinPE? In Windows you can run reagentc as administrator to view/change Winre options...

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developer
  • 14,689 posts
  • Joined 23-July 04

I've been roaming the internet for a day now and still I haven't found what I'm looking for:

I am not sure to get it :unsure: .
First result in "my" :w00t: google for "WINRE commands" (without double quotes):
http://www.tomsguide...iew-1191-7.html
Third one:
http://www.symantec....r-recovery-disk

jaclaz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users