Script to set wmp 11 as default

Is here any individual, who could help me to set wmp 11 as default for all audio and video using script/batch/commands moreover script to enable wmp toolbar?

PLEASE HELP! WITTY MEMBERS OF THIS BEST FORUM MSFN!

i mean, i've installed k-lite unattendedly with my unattended cd, and now it is not letting me to open (*.mp4) file on double click. Thats why now i'm wanting to set a script which could enable wmp 11 as default for video file ( like mp4 )

Well, I'm STILL confused.

If you've already installed and afterward want to change it, the above method is how-to. That's what you JUST said! :blink:

If you've made an "unattended", then am I to "assume" that you've INTEGRATED WMP11 and then put K-Lite in the "RunOnce" of the CD, hence "changing" the Defaults?

Sorry, you're not being very clear. Reference your statement:

installed k-lite unattendedly with my unattended cd, and now it (k-lite) is not letting me to open (*.mp4) file on double click. Thats why now i'm wanting to set a script which could enable wmp 11 (instead) as default for video file
So... is the problem that K-lite isn't working with MP4 and you want WMP11 to open (everything it's able to) instead?

Tip - Do what the Link (and what I said) says to do to get to the Options. File Associations is there. SELECT THEM!!!! Now, go in the Registry (REGEDIT), and EVERY File Association that has "WMPLAYER" in it ("FIND"), EXPORT to a Reg file. Now, MERGE them into a SINGLE Reg file. Import it AFTER the K-Lite installs in your Unattended.

I do NOT have WMP11 installed ATM so can't "supply" you with it. Worse still, I have installed QuickTime which gives it as well (and will probably show the K-Lite program in your case as another option in "open with"). Indeed, right-clicking on the FileName should GIVE you an "Open With" option.

Do it for yourself and make it a learning experience. ;)

DOH!!! Look here... Scroll down to the section "MPEG-4".

Windows Media Player does not support the playback of the .mp4 file format.
MPEG-4 video content can be encoded and stored in an .asf file container by using Windows Media Tools and Windows Media Encoder.
No "direct" way without 3'd party Decoders. Sooo... MP4 is out of the picture...

Look at this. 'Nuff said!

Edited by submix8c

yup i know above all. And yes i can play (*.mp4) file after installation of k-lite and changing the mp4 video "Opens with" at "Properies" . But i want this unattendedly.

Double posting! Stick with this one!

Someone might get a basic solution, but the original "concept" (see above) of the REG entries is the same. Have you tried right-clicking an "x.MP4" file and "Open With", then select "Always open this type of file with" tick-mark" then finding all occurrences of "MP4" and exporting the "set" (multiple places)? --Look here--

Right now (as I said)

I have Quicktime installed
so I can't ATM test on my running OS or in my Virtual-Machine-XP-OS "test" install so I can't install K-Lite
* It also works great with all other popular DirectShow players. For example Media Player Classic, ZoomPlayer, BS.Player, KMPlayer, PotPlayer, GOM Player, and many others.

* Uninstallation removes everything that was installed by the pack. Including all registry keys. All changes are properly undone and reverted to the state prior to the installation of the pack.

to see what your problem is. Can you say which K-Lite package you installed? It specifically states different packages install different sets of Codecs, so your request is HUGE (kind of). Apparently, since it doesn't know which Player is to use the Codecs you must "roll your own" depending on which Player you want to use.

There is a Codec Tweak Tool that may or may not help.

Edited by submix8c

Double posting! Stick with this one!

Someone might get a basic solution, but the original "concept" (see above) of the REG entries is the same. Have you tried right-clicking an "x.MP4" file and "Open With", then select "Always open this type of file with" tick-mark" then finding all occurrences of "MP4" and exporting the "set" (multiple places)? --Look here--

Right now (as I said)

I have Quicktime installed
so I can't ATM test on my running OS or in my Virtual-Machine-XP-OS "test" install so I can't install K-Lite
* It also works great with all other popular DirectShow players. For example Media Player Classic, ZoomPlayer, BS.Player, KMPlayer, PotPlayer, GOM Player, and many others.

* Uninstallation removes everything that was installed by the pack. Including all registry keys. All changes are properly undone and reverted to the state prior to the installation of the pack.

to see what your problem is. Can you say which K-Lite package you installed? It specifically states different packages install different sets of Codecs, so your request is HUGE (kind of). Apparently, since it doesn't know which Player is to use the Codecs you must "roll your own" depending on which Player you want to use.

There is a Codec Tweak Tool that may or may not help.

I appreciate your reply but Can any one state, how to associate video formats like ( mp4 , 3gp ) with my wmp using any script/registry?

to change .mp4 to wmp after k-lite codec pack is installed, you can apply this inf unattendedly

;mp4withWMP.inf

[Version]
Signature=$Windows NT$

[DefaultInstall]
AddReg =REGEntries.AddReg

[REGEntries.AddReg]
;HKCR,mplayerc.mp4\shell\Open\command,,0x0,%16422%\K-Lite Codec Pack\Media Player Classic\mpc-hc.exe %%1
HKCR,mplayerc.mp4\shell\Open\command,,0x0,"""%16422%\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe"" /prefetch:6 /Open ""%%L"""

[Remark]
change file association for .mp4 to wmp11 after K-lite codec pack is installed

But I suggest you try k-lite silent maker which allow you to set which player as default during creation of unattended sfx

For the toolbar, use regshot shot to check what changes is made and then import it after k-lite codec is installed

@submix8c

I guess so. I download k-Lite silent maker quiet sometime back so there is no need to signup at that time.

Recently I download Avira sfx maker and it requires me to sign up. So I sign up just to download.

If you do not wish to signup just to download, there is a DIY guide here.

The 6th screenshot is where you select the player to associate with the audio/video files.

Best regards