Help with silent install,please... (Mirillis Splash Pro Ex)

Hi... I don't find silent swith, or any alternative to silent install Mirillis Splash Pro Ex... Can you help me...? In the previous version 1.12.2 I extracted .msi file to silent install, but the new version it's different...

http://mirillis.com/files/splash_pro_ex_1_13_0_setup.exe

Regards and thanks... ;-)

Edited by alfreire

The best way is to use:

splash_pro_ex_1_13_0_setup.exe /S /v" /qn

Like this there is no more files keeped inside the folder %temp%.

With others silent switches there is a temp folder not removed: ~nsu.tmp (inside Au.exe)

However using silent switches with quotes we must take care using WPI and we must write the command like this:

cmds[pn]=['%wpipath%\\Install\\splash_pro_ex_1_13_0_setup.exe /S /v" /qn'];

Cheers

Edited by myselfidem

In my experience, if some files aren't removed from the temp folder during the silent installation by the program, the program isn't really installed properly!

And some trouble can occurs later...

Using the switches given above works fine, even if there is no more msi file inside the installer package.

About these switches, we can read, with the same link given by submix8c:

... The second /s tells setup.exe to run silently, while the /v"/qb" tells it to pass /qb to msiexec, which causes msiexec to run non-interactively but display a basic interface.

All my applications using silent switches , or no one, making SFX packages i.e., I don't need to clean the %temp% folder at last, because I can read some useful informations on log files...

HTH

Edited by myselfidem

I also do my own sfx, but every time a new version comes out you have to make them again... with sfx unzip 2 times (from sfx and setup.exe) and slows down installation time, I think...

Regards... ;-)