Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Bluetooth Design replace

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
64 replies to this topic

allen2

allen2

Not really Newbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Help yourself with 1) and 3) with process monitor.

Not clear somewhat! How to use?

Process monitor will help you monitor what is enumerated/read/written when monitoring some action then you'll have to analyze the output of process monitor to find what need to be done or changed to solve 1) and 3).
Of course, this is a lot of work but i don't think anyone here will do it for you.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,251 posts

submix already gave you some info on (3) in post #3 above.

I did gone there but could not found "Home Edition" written any where. PLEASE CLEAR THIS.

What, exactly, are you trying to do? "Fake" a Home Edition from a Pro Edition? That doesn't even make sense! What are you doing - compiling a "cheat" list? I know of NO reason to change that String from Home to Pro WHEN PRO HAS MORE FUNCTIONS and ANY Software that installs on Pro CAN BE INSTALLED on Home.

No sense! Unless you have Keys for Home in which case CHANGING THOSE VALUES WILL NOT HELP YOU - the files between the Editions are DIFFERENT and NOT interchangeable! PERIOD! There is NO SUCH THING as "Home VLK", as some hackers" try to tell you "exists", and the "hacks" used (if you find the references - and NO I will NOT give them to you) DO NOT WORK! From a Command Prompt, type "WINVER.EXE" - see the results? Open the "WINVER.EXE" in a Hex Editor - See what files it links to and the Functions it calls? I TOLD you that "hacking" an OS goes DEEEEEEP into the System, didn't I? AND told you that mucking around with it would potentially BREAK it!

HERE are the RTM File Differences, Sir Goofy! As for the "text" for Home vs Pro - CHANGE "Professional" To "Home" - VOILA! DAYUM, dude! Can't you figure out that ALL THAT I GAVE provides ALL INFO (combined) to produce what System Properties give?

Now...
Spoiler

Someday the tyrants will be unthroned... Jason "Jay" Chasteen; RIP, bro!

Posted Image

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developer
  • 14,212 posts

What, exactly, are you trying to do? "Fake" a Home Edition from a Pro Edition? That doesn't even make sense! ....

No sense! ....

It sounds familiar.... :whistle:
http://en.wikipedia....ewbacca_defense

...jaclaz ducking really fast...;)
Spoiler

jaclaz

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,754 posts

Donator

Threads merged... might be a little messy. :whistle:

As far as the file being replaced, its likely that there is more than one of this program on the CD. I don't know enough about XP CD construction to say for sure... probably in a cab somewhere.
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,251 posts

As far as the file being replaced, its likely that there is more than one of this program on the CD.<snip>probably in a cab somewhere.

I said that a LOOOONG time ago...

It's in the SP3.CAB (uncompressed). I'm really unsure of why it would be in both places. The Source I checked is an MSDN XP-SP3 and the "culprit" for the "overlay" is DRVINDEX.INF. It's the exact same file bit-for-bit (including the date/time). Dump the CAB to someplace, replace also that one (uncompressed) are recreate the CAB. Info on how to use MAKECAB is all over the place on MSFN and Microsoft/Technet. Search instead of asking someone to for the footwork for you. You COULD have used XP's "search" on your Source and found that out yourself. Instead, I DID IT FOR YOU (by opening the CABS, btw)! Happy now?

PLEASE, Sir BLASH, quit being so lazy! ;)

Edited by submix8c, 05 September 2012 - 09:01 AM.

Posted Image

BLASH

BLASH

• 44 posts

As far as the file being replaced, its likely that there is more than one of this program on the CD.<snip>probably in a cab somewhere.

I said that a LOOOONG time ago...

It's in the SP3.CAB (uncompressed). I'm really unsure of why it would be in both places. The Source I checked is an MSDN XP-SP3 and the "culprit" for the "overlay" is DRVINDEX.INF. It's the exact same file bit-for-bit (including the date/time). Dump the CAB to someplace, replace also that one (uncompressed) are recreate the CAB. Info on how to use MAKECAB is all over the place on MSFN and Microsoft/Technet. Search instead of asking someone to for the footwork for you. You COULD have used XP's "search" on your Source and found that out yourself. Instead, I DID IT FOR YOU (by opening the CABS, btw)! Happy now?

PLEASE, Sir BLASH, quit being so lazy! ;)

Thanks i already founded. It is exist on "DRIVER.CAB"
I uncompressed all "DRIVER.CAB" file to a single folder.
but in the real fact i don't know, how to compress whole file into .cab , HOW I DO?

-X-

-X-

• Patrons
  • 2,406 posts

Donator

cabtool http://www.mediafire...cz7k3ebp74wh4p2 Pay no mind to the false positives.

Drag and drop folder onto cabtool.exe or create a shortcut in sendto and then send folder to cabtool.

Edited by -X-, 05 September 2012 - 09:48 PM.

Download all Windows XP Post SP3 High-Priority Updates with a simple double click @ xdot.tk post-12166-0-42859000-1399044129.png ]
               If someone helps you fix a problem, please report back so they and others can benefit from the solution. Thanks!

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,251 posts

Thanks i already founded. It is exist on "DRIVER.CAB"
I uncompressed all "DRIVER.CAB" file to a single folder.
but in the real fact i don't know, how to compress whole file into .cab , HOW I DO?

Nope... Not in my DRIVER.CAB. First appears in SP2a and still appears in SP3 in both I386 and SP2/SP3 CAB files.

Something is reeeeaaaalllly fishy about your "source" if it magically "moves" from the original location.
Better check that SP2/SP3.CAB for "FSQUIRT.EXE" again. I call BULLS**T!!!

edit - Must be an "HFSLIP" source...

More info -
http://msdn.microsof...2(v=vs.85).aspx
"Microsoft Bluetooth support begins with Windows XP with Service Pack 1 (SP1)"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323183
"Availability of Windows XP Service Pack 1 Support for Bluetooth Wireless Devices"
(no FSQUIRT mentioned)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811805
"Reinstall the Bluetooth stack. To do this, go to Windows Update and download any updates (specifically, any that mention Bluetooth). If you are using Windows XP, install the Windows XP Service Pack 1 Support for Bluetooth Wireless Devices or any newer service pack, which will contain the service pack."
Maybe it's in one of these?
http://catalog.updat...?q=bluetooth xp
Hmmm... doubt it...
BUT...
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883259
(at bottom) "Blue Tooth File Transfer Wizard"
AND...
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891595

Nonetheless... (Psssttt - HFSLIP'ed source)

Edited by submix8c, 06 September 2012 - 02:08 AM.

Posted Image

BLASH

BLASH

• 44 posts
Bluetooth issue solved.
And now, will any try to help my remained issue?
1) change os name under "help and support" and under 3rd party program's info bar of OS, I mean, lately i have installed "imgburn" program, when did launched "imgburn" i saw, it is showing me a log window below the app. In which it shows "Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" how can i change this. (HEY DON'T KNOW ANY ONE, EVEN ON THIS BIG REALM {HOW SHAME} )
2) Command/script/registry to enable wmp 11 toolbar
3) a program which can state which file is chained while i launch any program.

-X-

-X-

• Patrons
  • 2,406 posts

Donator

2. Set the toolbar on. Log off and then back on. Export....

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Streams\Desktop]
"TaskbarWinXP"=

and maybe...

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StuckRects2]
"Settings"=

Download all Windows XP Post SP3 High-Priority Updates with a simple double click @ xdot.tk post-12166-0-42859000-1399044129.png ]
               If someone helps you fix a problem, please report back so they and others can benefit from the solution. Thanks!

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,754 posts

Donator

1) change os name under "help and support" and under 3rd party program's info bar of OS, I mean, lately i have installed "imgburn" program, when did launched "imgburn" i saw, it is showing me a log window below the app. In which it shows "Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" how can i change this.

Well there is a problem here. There is a setting in the registry (you can search for that string to find it) but it is also kept someplace else too. And to make matters worse, Windows may end up changing that value back on a reboot or update. An OS can totally be changed, but it requires some tricks and hex editing. You can find this info in the Customizing Windows section. As an example, I totally reskinned Server 2003 to look like XP Embedded, including what you are looking to do, and more like replacing the default OS screensaver. Here is an example:
http://www.msfn.org/...post__p__838103
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,251 posts
DUDE!!!!

1) - I GAVE YOU THAT and ALSO stated what Tripredacus just said. Did you look at the RTM "Differences" list Link I gave?

ALSO there are MANY PLACES that it's referenced.
a - under the PCHealth "SKU" entry (Professional_32)
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\PCHealth\HelpCtr\UserSettings\SKU
b - MANY places under "SideBySide\Installations\x86(many)\Codebases\OS"

Line#1 = "Microsoft Windows XP" <-HKLM\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProductName"
Line#2 = "Professional" -OR- "Home" (probably the PCHealth one? but DOUBT IT since it's in the USER hive)
Line#3 = "Version 2002" - NO CLUE, dude! (irrelevant?)
Line#4 = "Service Pack 3" <-HKLM\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\CSDVersion"
-UNKNOWN whether ANY of (-B-) above has ANY effect!

I REFUSE to screw up my install to test this for your CHEAT!!! YOU DO IT!!!

Try VER and WINVER in a Command Prompt. ;)

Edited by submix8c, 07 September 2012 - 01:16 PM.

Posted Image

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developer
  • 14,212 posts

I REFUSE to screw up my install to test this for your CHEAT!!!

This does sound a bit selfish :angel ;)

jaclaz

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,251 posts
Fine... Searching TEXT in I386 (possible relevant entries)

LAYOUT.INF -
productname = "Windows XP Professional"

PRODSPEC.INI -
;Note to user: DO NOT ALTER OR DELETE THIS FILE. <--- See that? Most undoubtedly some reason...
[Product Specification]
Product=Windows XP Professional

WINNT32.MSI is OBVIOUSLY "different" (see TackTech link I gave)
SETUPREG.HIV is OBVIOUSLY different

TXTSETUP.SIF has -
"ProductType" value - NOT GOING TO GIVE VALUES
[Strings]
wks_id = "Microsoft Windows XP Professional" <-- Used to fill in BOOT.INI

There is JUST TOO MUCH! Find that "warez" program that I will NOT mention to do it.

WHAT are you trying to DO? Convert Pro to Home? WON'T HAPPEN! As I said, eve that "hack" for "supposed" "Home VL" is KRAP!

If someone else wants to "volunteer" have at it. I got pestered about this and refused (I'll say no more as it's against MSFN rules)... And refuse to answer again...

Posted Image

BLASH

BLASH

• 44 posts
not worked!

bphlpt

bphlpt

MSFN Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts
So?

[Just figured I'd give back just as much info as you supplied)

Cheers and Regards

Posted Image

BLASH

BLASH

• 44 posts

So?

[Just figured I'd give back just as much info as you supplied)

Nope! not actually. while i was singing up, i thought here i will have all the solution. But really no one know? Don't mind, AFTERWARDS YOU ARE SAYING YOURSELF "SENIOR MEMBER" , "DEVELOPERS" , "PATRONS" and whatsoever like blah !! eventually thus? What a great thing! When i asked i got some reply in registry, uh why i can't find registry myself since registry has option of search. No one have answer despite many of mvp's are connected with this forum?

NO ONE HERE THINKS, I'LL KNOW NEW THING TODAY!

bphlpt

bphlpt

MSFN Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts
Since your last posted question in post #34 - http://www.msfn.org/...ost__p__1010505 - three different people have responded to you - -X-, Tripredacus, and submix8c - all three giving you specific information. To which you responded:

not worked!

Which means what? WHAT didn't work? What exactly did you try? What exactly were the results of your attempts? What kind of response did you expect to "not worked!"? What exactly are you trying to do and why? We are more than happy to help you solve your problem, once we can understand what exactly you are trying to do and we are confident that what you are trying to do is legal. But, we will not do it all for you. If you are not willing, or able, to do some of the work for yourself and provide feedback when asked specific questions, then I'm sure you will very quickly find yourself on your own, if you are not already. Insulting the people who take the time to respond to your posts, even if you don't like the response, is not a way to make friends and influence people.

Have a nice day.

Cheers and Regards

Posted Image

BLASH

BLASH

• 44 posts
Not really! Indeed, you're getting me wrong, i did not mean that you said.
Read: "Reply #34" Please!
Also my last line:
No one have answer despite many of mvp's are connected with this forum?

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developer
  • 14,212 posts

MVP= Microsoft Valued Professional
MVP<>Microsoft Vandalism Provider

You will probably find out - in due time - how the knowledge a MVP has is - generally speaking - about "canonical" ways to manage the MS OS (i.e. along the lines of what MS suggests, publishes and advices).
An MVP is the LEAST likely person to know how to hack a MS OS and even if he/she knows how, the LEAST likely person to tell you (or everyone else).

BTW, and JFYI, the contract all

"SENIOR MEMBER" , "DEVELOPERS" , "PATRONS"

signed :w00t: doesn't have a provision obliging them to help any illiterate, bad mannered, impudent kid around with making senseless modification to his/her OS as you seem to assume.

Help is given on a voluntary basis and - usually - to people that ask nicely about senseful matters and takes the time to explain in detail the issues, the goals, the procedures attempted (and failed) etc., etc.

jaclaz

bphlpt

bphlpt

MSFN Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Also my last line:

And still you neither clarify what you meant by "not worked!", nor did you respond to any of the previous answers given since your post #34, nor did you further explain either your problems or what you have tried yourself. In short, you did not respond to anything that I said.

On top of that, your last post makes no sense in the English language.

Like submix8c, I'm done. Have a nice day.

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt, 08 September 2012 - 04:12 AM.

Posted Image

BLASH

BLASH

• 44 posts
REPLY FOR jaclaz QUOTES

1St QUOTE BY jaclaz:

MVP= Microsoft Valued Professional
MVP<>Microsoft Vandalism Provider

REPLY BY BLASH:

I assert, Don't reply whether you don't know;
MVP: Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
http://en.m.wikipedi...le_Professional

2ND QUOTE BY jaclaz:

along the lines of what MS suggests, publishes and advices.

REPLY BY BLASH:

might be a fraction but not everyone (it all depends on their passion about the work)

3rd QUOTE BY jaclaz:

signed doesn't have a provision obliging them to help any illiterate, bad mannered, impudent kid around with making senseless modification to his/her OS as you seem to assume.

REPLY BY BLASH:

WOOOTT! What did it mean? i think, you have contended with your child (which the occation, you're wanting to take off all the vengeance here)

Are you jaclaz? OR, any bumpkin individual hacker has hacked this account?

AGAIN I MAINTAIN, YOU HAVE NO CHANCE TO SURVIVE HERE!

BLASH

BLASH

• 44 posts

Also my last line:

And still you neither clarify what you meant by "not worked!", nor did you respond to any of the previous answers given since your post #34, nor did you further explain either your problems or what you have tried yourself. In short, you did not respond to anything that I said.

On top of that, your last post makes no sense in the English language.

Like submix8c, I'm done. Have a nice day.

Simply you should comprehend, it'd be a typo. Nevermind again i state what i want:

1) script to enable wmp 11 toolbar.

2) i've been using "Xp Home Edition" since 2004 , now i've been kinda fatigued with "Home Edition" text, hence now i'm desiring to change this "Home Edition" text to my one.

WHAT I DONE:
modified approaching whole "dll" and "exe" (supported by "Resourse Hacker) even "inf" and "ini"
but it won't change the text "Home Edition" on 3rd party or digitally signed program's info bar of OS.
i followed all the way here explained but no one seems worked!

SO now, will you explain a process which could change my this "Home Edition" text at "Help and Support" menu?
along with will you explain how could i change "Home Edition" text into 3rd party program's info bar of OS and to change OS text into "System Information" menu?

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developer
  • 14,212 posts

AGAIN I MAINTAIN, YOU HAVE NO CHANCE TO SURVIVE HERE!

Ah, well, if you say so. :unsure:

Let's say that the probabilities of myself surviving here are anyway bigger then the ones about you having much further support here for your "Home Edition"-> "something else" change. :whistle:

jaclaz

BLASH

BLASH

• 44 posts

Ah, well, if you say so. :unsure:

I don't say so. YOU ARE SO!

bigger then

it'd be "than" not "then"

Let me assume; astronomy regarding you. You're "zero" in customization. but in that you got a rank at "Developer" ; you always try to conceal your line ( i don't know) using some diplomatic and garbage talk, in order you could one up on them.

CERTAINLY I KNOW THAT YOU DON'T KNOW MY QUERY RESPOND!!
PLEASE PICK UP YOUR GARBAGE CAN AND GO HOME, MOREOVER PLEASE DON'T FAN OUT ELSEWHERE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN