Office XP Patches after SP3

xpclient

On 8/13/2018 at 6:42 PM, dencorso said:

Don't they appear in the add/remove programs lis, like on XP? :unsure: I'm becoming less and less able to help... during those 4 years since I've forfeited 98SE I guess I've already forgotten more about it than most latecomers'll ever learn... :( Not that I meant to, though... Anyway, do look at MDGx's site carefully: I seem to remember MS Installer v.3 does work on 9x/ME (but I may be remembering it wrong, by now, of course :crazy:). BTW, I think word actuall does save in .docx format, but it gives the saved file a .doc extension, because four-letter extensions were unusual at the time 9x/ME were written (and they still sound somewhat obscene, don't they?). :D

No Den, Windows 98 doesn't show anything about updates in add/remove programs.
In the old days you would presumably rely on your Windows Update history to tell you what patches had been installed, but now when you have to install them manually there seems to be no record. There is a list of patches in the registry installer section, but it's impossible to interpret as there are multiple entries with the patch numbers duplicated in many of them.
:(

Edited by Dave-H
Added quotation, as post is on a new page