Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Looking for some good basic guides

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Octopuss

Octopuss

I am the walrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts
  • Joined 31-January 07

Donator

So I finally found the guts to start educating myself on the subject of win server stuff. It's much tougher than I thought, especially since I do not have any advanced networking knowledge.

I could really use a few link to some good guides about basics of configuring stuff such as DNS and DHCP, with settings explained at least in brief. Of course I googled something already, but most of the results I got were not very good. I can keep clicking next and type in some numbers the person mentions - but that doesn't get me anywhere in the end, does is.

My experiences so far are mostly doing things in AD and working with GP.

Any help is welcome!

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,386 posts
  • Joined 14-September 05
My impression was "Same stuff, different place". :unsure: Haven't gotten there yet. Experience w/WinVista+7 indicates that - just a "bear" to find.

Someday the tyrants will be unthroned... Jason "Jay" Chasteen; RIP, bro!

Posted Image

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,972 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

Technet is probably a place to go, such as DHCP:
http://technet.micro...k/bb643151.aspx

And maybe the MS blogs could have some tutorials. Maybe if you are able to, you could set up a test network (a PC or two and a switch) to try these things out. That's how I started at it.
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
tpxmsfn1_zps393339c1.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users