• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Comos

Confirmed - 3TB HDD USB Drive on WinXP 32bit

28 posts in this topic

My guess is that on 4 Kb sectored drive the difference may possibly be noticeable, but I won't buy the 40% figures

Well, ok then (you're still considering the AF emulation, right?).

On the already given thread there are related references and considerations: http://reboot.pro/to...-issue/?p=85960

I've seen that twice, but I REALLY couldn't find useful info on that difficult 3 page thread about multiboot Vista+Xp and Vista's wrong partitions! (my questions, then, were about Xp and AF drivers)

Also, in a post you say: "WD Align seems like another tool to test [...] the WD Quick Formatter [...] is necessary in order to optimize the performance of the drive."

Sorry, I'm totally confused.. :blink:

Which disk model?

WD My Book 4TB (oh s**t, the price has now jumped up from 180 to 250 euros! :thumbdown )

Edited by phaolo

Well, now it's back to 180 euros on Amazon. Wow, that's a variable price indeed.

I'd like to wait for a good promotion, though.

My idea was:

master --> 1 new 4tb

backup --> 1 owned 2tb + 1 new 2tb or owned small old drives (sum<1.7tb)

EDIT: 3tb currently costs only 10-20euros more than a new 2tb! I'll choose that and maybe in the future upgrade to a possible 5tb for a single master

Thanks for the help Jaclaz.

(anzi, ciao, perchè ho visto solo ora che sei italiano anche tu! XD)

Edited by phaolo