"An Add-on for this website failed to run".

johnhc

I have several problems with the forums. I often get a message at the bottom of the screen: "An Add-on for this website failed to run". There are no options, so I do not know how to correct that issue. When I insert a link into a post, it always goes to the front of the message even though I have selected a word or phrase before I click the link icon. When I click on "Signed in as johnhc" at the top of the page, the drop menu shows briefly, then my Settings page opens. I can't seem to figure out how to send a message other than click on a user name in a post. I am running IE9 under W7 x64 Ultimate. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks and enjoy, John.

Kelsenellenelvian, thanks, but nothing can be done about it? I just noticed that I have a bunch of notifications but am shown only one at a time. How do I see them all so I can delete them? Thanks and enjoy, john.

Kelsenellenelvian, thanks again. I had tried the 'Mark all as read', but the problem is that only one notification is shown - only one can be marked and deleted at a time.

I have Chrome installed so I tried it: Drop down flash problem is gone. Inserting link in post problem is gone. Of course there is no message "An Add-on for this website failed to run". Only one notification continues to be shown. That is, most of the problems are cured by not using IE9. So, a forum that is dedicated to MS products does not work properly on the latest MS browser? Enjoy, John.

I've been running the site in compatibility mode, which seems to work fine. There's a small delay in replying to a post or creating one, and every so often you have to try twice, but the version of the forum software we're running isn't the latest and greatest, and has some issues with IE9 and IE10. It works fine in IE8, however, and using the compatibility view for the site seems to get it working properly again.