Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

How to permanently disable Driver Signing during Windows setup

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

tomasz86

tomasz86

www.windows2000.tk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts
This should be added to TXTSETUP.SIF:

[FileFlags]
regini.exe=16
It won't change anything if the setup is run from a CD but it makes a huge difference when installing it from HDD.

Adding to TXTSETUP.SIF:

[SourceDisksFiles]
regini.exe   = 1,,,,,,,2,0,0
will make regini.exe copied to %systemroot%\system32. In case of an HDD based installation the file is actually removed from the source at this point. The problem is that some system INF files will actually look for it in the source in the later part of GUI setup. Adding the line under [FileFlags] will prevent the file from being removed from source.

I'm going to update the first post in the next few days in order to summarise everything. I'm still unsure about the Driver Signing settings and driver installation in a running system. Sometimes it doesn't show any warning and sometimes it still does, and I don't know the reason yet.

Edited by tomasz86, 05 October 2012 - 01:46 PM.

Posted Image
Unofficial Service Pack 5.2 for MS Windows 2000 <- use this topic if you need help with UURollup, Update Rollup 2 and other unofficial packages

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN