Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Re-install XP SP3

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

sodeep1963

sodeep1963
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 24-September 12
I am facing a problem which many may have encountered.

I have installed win xp sp3 and it has automatically got updated till date. However I need to replace the HDD with a higher storage for proper functioning.

The problem I discovered was that the PC started downloading all updates from the beginning. This is really a very long procedure. Now That Disk turned out to be defective & since under warranty, will get a replacement soon.

Now again I will to repeat the who;e process of downloading all updates & hotfixes!!

Is there any way I can have all these updates & hot fixes stored in one folder such that I can easily remain update after having the OS installed on the new drive?? Any help on this matter will be highly appreciated.

sodeep1963

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

-X-

-X-

• Patrons
  • 2,454 posts
  • Joined 08-January 04

Donator

If your XP is English, simply make an up to date CD to install XP. Go to my website, http://xdot.tk/updates.html , download and run the UDC script and it will download all the updates you need. You then use nLite by adding them to the Hotfix, Add-ons and Update Packs section.

If you want IE8 instead of IE6, do what it says on my page.

Edited by -X-, 24 September 2012 - 03:32 PM.

[ Download all Windows XP Post SP3 High-Priority Updates with a simple double click @ xdot.tk Posted Image ]
If someone helps you fix a problem, please report back so they and others can benefit from the solution. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users