• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sodeep1963

Re-install XP SP3

2 posts in this topic

I am facing a problem which many may have encountered.

I have installed win xp sp3 and it has automatically got updated till date. However I need to replace the HDD with a higher storage for proper functioning.

The problem I discovered was that the PC started downloading all updates from the beginning. This is really a very long procedure. Now That Disk turned out to be defective & since under warranty, will get a replacement soon.

Now again I will to repeat the who;e process of downloading all updates & hotfixes!!

Is there any way I can have all these updates & hot fixes stored in one folder such that I can easily remain update after having the OS installed on the new drive?? Any help on this matter will be highly appreciated.

sodeep1963

If your XP is English, simply make an up to date CD to install XP. Go to my website, http://xdot.tk/updates.html , download and run the UDC script and it will download all the updates you need. You then use nLite by adding them to the Hotfix, Add-ons and Update Packs section.

If you want IE8 instead of IE6, do what it says on my page.

Edited by -X-