Windows 2000 install issues. Help?

Win98

The official drivers will work in Win2k... but you do know that the Quadro series is targeted at professional 3D applications, right? The drivers for them are different from the "normal" ones, and I've got no idea how games would perform on this card.

Which of the PCI-E slots are you using? I would assume the PCI-E 16x.

Well, there exist PCI-E 1x cards too :lol: but they're pretty expensive so if you don't need the PCI-E 16x slot for anything else then it is the right one. And remember that PCI-E slots are inter-compatible so you can use a PCI-E x1/x4/x8 card in a x16 slot too and vice versa as long as it fits (some motherboards have the backside of the shorter slots open so you can plug a longer card in too).

Edited by tomasz86

Well i assumed to perform well doing 3D stuff, it would have to do graphics just as well. But hey, if it stays cheap enough, It's better than nothing.

I know PCI-E 1x exist, and i found out they price was pretty far up there as well, so I think i'll stay away from them. Haha. My PCI 16x has never been used, so i would assume i dont need it for anything other than a graphics card. I didn't know that all three were inter compatible. Thats cool. Is your card a PCI-E 16x?

Edited by Win98

Mine is a standard x16 version. It's this card, to be more specific. I bought it as used on an auction website and haven't had any problems with it. What's good is that it's passively cooled so it's completely silent. I hate those small GPU fans which usually get louder and louder with time.

Well. I bought me a laptop with a Nvdia card cheaper than i could have bought one of those cards for.. I hope I can find drivers for it. It's a Gateway FX MS2252. My friend said that it would stay on for a bit, and then shut off (So I bought it for $10).. I figured it was something simple (Seemed like it was overheating) so I looked at the cooling fans.. Both were clogged with fuzz and lint, and couldn't turn. I've got a 500gb hdd on the way (Friend kept the old one.) Im pretty sure it has a Nvdia 9800GTS. Are there any intel sata drivers out there for it?

There won't be any problems with the graphics (I'll upload the newest drivers modified to work in 2K later). I don't know anything about the SATA controller used in that laptop. Could you try doing some research on this (we need to know the exact name)?

Edited by tomasz86

I've just uploaded the graphics driver. It's called nVIDIA 306.81 Display.7z and it's located in the same folder where you downloaded the AMD drivers from. The driver requires UURollup-v10c or newer. You don't need to re-download the HFSLIP_ia.7z file again but in case of UURollup you should download the newest daily as it's been updated since last time.

Thanks for uploading that. I'll download the latest version of UURollup when i get home in a bit. What exactly did you need to determine the sata controller? The motherboard model number, or what? The model number is MBW4201002. Thanks!

Wait, So do you want me to use the v10c, or one of the daily versions of UURollup?

Here are the specs on the laptop: http://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/2009/PSeries/P-78/P-78sp24.shtml It has the Intel PM45 Express Chipset, if that is helpful for the sata drivers.

Edit: Can I use the same file I already created with hfslip? It would be easier just to extract the already made ISO, use nlite put the sata driver in there, and make it back into an ISO (Would the amd sata driver conflict with anything if i did that?).

On the gateway site, it shows Sata ACHI drivers for windows 7. Would they work for 2k? The link is: http://support.gateway.com/us/en/product/default.aspx?tab=1&modelId=2388

Edited by Win98

You can use the same ISO as before. You should add BlackWingCat's drivers from here (iata76_cd2kd.zip).

Wait, So do you want me to use the v10c, or one of the daily versions of UURollup?

UURollup-v10c is already integrated in your ISO. What I meant is that you should install the newest daily version of UURollup once the system has been installed and is running.

Edited by tomasz86

I've got the driver downloading, and will slipstream it in a bit. Thanks!

Once I install, I will install the latest version. Thanks!

Now all I have to do is wait on my hard drive..

Edit: When I go to slipstream it, when i'm in nlite, go to the iata76_cd2kd.zip, In the driver section there are 2 drivers. iaACHI, and iaStor. Which do i use? or do I use both? I just went along with the iaACHI, but there are quite a few options to which I can use. Which is correct? Another EDIT: I just integrated both, along with all of the options shown in the below picture. (Made in a separate iso incase this wont work)

123456d.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by Win98

Well, I got it installed ok, but it looks like we're headed down the same road as last time. The graphics driver doesn't work. In device manager, i get the "Windows was unable to locate a driver for this device"..

Edit: The card is a Nvdia 9800M GTS. I assume the M is mobility, and that might explain the driver not working.

Edited by Win98

There are several INF files included in the archive, and "nvgd.inf" is the one for 9800M GTS.

Something must be wrong because even I can choose 9800M GTS here although my card is completely different:

uZAn2.jpg