Windows 2000 install issues. Help?

Win98

Tomas, Thank you so much for helping me get all of this installed and working. I more than likely would have just given up trying to install, if you hadn't helped me.

Now, I would imagine that you are more than tired of helping me get drivers to work on here, but... It would be great if I had audio on this thing, and if possible, have the internal wifi card work with it (I doubt it will because it doesn't have a utility) I cant find any drivers older than vista for them. The audio card is a Intel 82801IB/IR/IH [iCH9 Family] SMBus controller, and the wifi card is a Intel WiFi Link 5100. Is it possible to make them work? Thanks!

No problem :lol:

In case of your audio device I think that it's just Realtek HD Audio. Could you try to download the official drivers from here and try to install them through Device Manager?

Intel Wireless 5100 doesn't support Win2k but I have modified the installer and the driver. Could you try to download it from the Archive (USP52 folder), unpack and just run the MSI installer file?

Wifi drivers are downloading, but as for the audio, when you go past the "I accept to the above" screen, it says "Object moved to Here" and you click here, and it does back to the accept to download screen. Is the realtek the same model number as the intel?

as for the audio, when you go past the "I accept to the above" screen, it says "Object moved to Here" and you click here, and it does back to the accept to download screen.

I just meant that you should download and install the regular Realtek HD Drivers (there's only one version available). Try this link:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3

As for the WiFi card, I'm afraid that it may be impossible to use it under Win2k :(

I havent gotten a chance to try out the driver yet, but i will in a bit.

As for the wifi card, would this be a good fix? http://www.intel.com/products/wireless/wireless_n/overview.htm

And the audio is not cooperating either... audiow.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Also, Can windows 2000 only handle one usb device being plugged in at a time? If I have my wifi card plugged in, and plug in my Iphone or my flashdrive, it kills my internet connection, and neither of them work until the other is removed.

Edited by Win98

I went ahead and bought one of those cards. I couldn't pass it up for $4, since intel makes 2k drivers for it. (I already have them downloaded) but im still trying to get the audio to work.

Edited by Win98

Also, Can windows 2000 only handle one usb device being plugged in at a time? If I have my wifi card plugged in, and plug in my Iphone or my flashdrive, it kills my internet connection, and neither of them work until the other is removed.

Maybe the USB ports aren't able to handle so many devices at once?

im still trying to get the audio to work.

Could you download Unknown Device Identifier and check the exact Hardware ID of the sound card?

• 4 months later...