Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Windows 2000 install issues. Help?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Win98

Win98

Junior

• Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 04-December 11
Well. I bought me a laptop with a Nvdia card cheaper than i could have bought one of those cards for.. I hope I can find drivers for it. It's a Gateway FX MS2252. My friend said that it would stay on for a bit, and then shut off (So I bought it for $10).. I figured it was something simple (Seemed like it was overheating) so I looked at the cooling fans.. Both were clogged with fuzz and lint, and couldn't turn. I've got a 500gb hdd on the way (Friend kept the old one.) Im pretty sure it has a Nvdia 9800GTS. Are there any intel sata drivers out there for it?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

tomasz86

tomasz86

www.windows2000.tk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts
  • Joined 27-November 10
There won't be any problems with the graphics (I'll upload the newest drivers modified to work in 2K later). I don't know anything about the SATA controller used in that laptop. Could you try doing some research on this (we need to know the exact name)?

Edited by tomasz86, 16 October 2012 - 10:22 AM.

Posted Image
Unofficial Service Pack 5.2 for MS Windows 2000 <- use this topic if you need help with UURollup, Update Rollup 2 and other unofficial packages

Win98

Win98

Junior

• Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 04-December 11
Good to know the graphics will work. Thanks for uploading them! I'll go do some research. Thanks!

tomasz86

tomasz86

www.windows2000.tk

• 2,520 posts
  • Joined 27-November 10
I've just uploaded the graphics driver. It's called nVIDIA 306.81 Display.7z and it's located in the same folder where you downloaded the AMD drivers from. The driver requires UURollup-v10c or newer. You don't need to re-download the HFSLIP_ia.7z file again but in case of UURollup you should download the newest daily as it's been updated since last time.
Posted Image
Unofficial Service Pack 5.2 for MS Windows 2000 <- use this topic if you need help with UURollup, Update Rollup 2 and other unofficial packages

Win98

Win98

Junior

• Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 04-December 11
Thanks for uploading that. I'll download the latest version of UURollup when i get home in a bit. What exactly did you need to determine the sata controller? The motherboard model number, or what? The model number is MBW4201002. Thanks!

Wait, So do you want me to use the v10c, or one of the daily versions of UURollup?

Here are the specs on the laptop: http://support.gatew.../P-78sp24.shtml It has the Intel PM45 Express Chipset, if that is helpful for the sata drivers.

Edit: Can I use the same file I already created with hfslip? It would be easier just to extract the already made ISO, use nlite put the sata driver in there, and make it back into an ISO (Would the amd sata driver conflict with anything if i did that?).

On the gateway site, it shows Sata ACHI drivers for windows 7. Would they work for 2k? The link is: http://support.gatew...=1&modelId=2388

Edited by Win98, 16 October 2012 - 04:52 PM.

tomasz86

tomasz86

www.windows2000.tk

• 2,520 posts
  • Joined 27-November 10
You can use the same ISO as before. You should add BlackWingCat's drivers from here (iata76_cd2kd.zip).

Wait, So do you want me to use the v10c, or one of the daily versions of UURollup?

UURollup-v10c is already integrated in your ISO. What I meant is that you should install the newest daily version of UURollup once the system has been installed and is running.

Edited by tomasz86, 16 October 2012 - 10:16 PM.

Posted Image

Win98

Win98

Junior

• Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 04-December 11
I've got the driver downloading, and will slipstream it in a bit. Thanks!

Once I install, I will install the latest version. Thanks!

Now all I have to do is wait on my hard drive..

Edit: When I go to slipstream it, when i'm in nlite, go to the iata76_cd2kd.zip, In the driver section there are 2 drivers. iaACHI, and iaStor. Which do i use? or do I use both? I just went along with the iaACHI, but there are quite a few options to which I can use. Which is correct? Another EDIT: I just integrated both, along with all of the options shown in the below picture. (Made in a separate iso incase this wont work)

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by Win98, 17 October 2012 - 03:26 PM.

Win98

Win98

Junior

• Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 04-December 11
Well, I got it installed ok, but it looks like we're headed down the same road as last time. The graphics driver doesn't work. In device manager, i get the "Windows was unable to locate a driver for this device"..

Edit: The card is a Nvdia 9800M GTS. I assume the M is mobility, and that might explain the driver not working.

Edited by Win98, 18 October 2012 - 09:12 PM.

tomasz86

tomasz86

www.windows2000.tk

• 2,520 posts
  • Joined 27-November 10
There are several INF files included in the archive, and "nvgd.inf" is the one for 9800M GTS.

Something must be wrong because even I can choose 9800M GTS here although my card is completely different:

Spoiler

Posted Image

Win98

Win98

Junior

• Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 04-December 11
Oh. That worked. I had always gone to the specify a location and selected the driver that way. Installed with no problems. Thanks!

tomasz86

tomasz86

www.windows2000.tk

• 2,520 posts
  • Joined 27-November 10
Can you now change the resolution without problems?
Posted Image

Win98

Win98

Junior

• Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 04-December 11
I can, Indeed. Sometime tomorrow I'll look into the other drivers I need, but for now i'm good. (Resolution is good, and my USB wifi stick works) Thanks!

Win98

Win98

Junior

• Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 04-December 11
Tomas, Thank you so much for helping me get all of this installed and working. I more than likely would have just given up trying to install, if you hadn't helped me.

Now, I would imagine that you are more than tired of helping me get drivers to work on here, but... It would be great if I had audio on this thing, and if possible, have the internal wifi card work with it (I doubt it will because it doesn't have a utility) I cant find any drivers older than vista for them. The audio card is a Intel 82801IB/IR/IH [ICH9 Family] SMBus controller, and the wifi card is a Intel WiFi Link 5100. Is it possible to make them work? Thanks!

tomasz86

tomasz86

www.windows2000.tk

• 2,520 posts
  • Joined 27-November 10
No problem :lol:

In case of your audio device I think that it's just Realtek HD Audio. Could you try to download the official drivers from here and try to install them through Device Manager?

Intel Wireless 5100 doesn't support Win2k but I have modified the installer and the driver. Could you try to download it from the Archive (USP52 folder), unpack and just run the MSI installer file?
Posted Image

Win98

Win98

Junior

• Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 04-December 11
Wifi drivers are downloading, but as for the audio, when you go past the "I accept to the above" screen, it says "Object moved to Here" and you click here, and it does back to the accept to download screen. Is the realtek the same model number as the intel?

Win98

Win98

Junior

• Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 04-December 11
Also, when I do the wifi card, the installer installs fine, but Posted Image

tomasz86

tomasz86

www.windows2000.tk

• 2,520 posts
  • Joined 27-November 10

as for the audio, when you go past the "I accept to the above" screen, it says "Object moved to Here" and you click here, and it does back to the accept to download screen.

I just meant that you should download and install the regular Realtek HD Drivers (there's only one version available). Try this link:

http://www.realtek.c...&Level=4&Conn=3

As for the WiFi card, I'm afraid that it may be impossible to use it under Win2k :(
Posted Image

Win98

Win98

Junior

• Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 04-December 11
I havent gotten a chance to try out the driver yet, but i will in a bit.

As for the wifi card, would this be a good fix? http://www.intel.com..._n/overview.htm

And the audio is not cooperating either... Posted Image

Also, Can windows 2000 only handle one usb device being plugged in at a time? If I have my wifi card plugged in, and plug in my Iphone or my flashdrive, it kills my internet connection, and neither of them work until the other is removed.

Edited by Win98, 21 October 2012 - 10:25 PM.

Win98

Win98

Junior

• Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 04-December 11
I went ahead and bought one of those cards. I couldn't pass it up for $4, since intel makes 2k drivers for it. (I already have them downloaded) but im still trying to get the audio to work.

Edited by Win98, 23 October 2012 - 07:58 AM.

tomasz86

tomasz86

www.windows2000.tk

• 2,520 posts
  • Joined 27-November 10

Also, Can windows 2000 only handle one usb device being plugged in at a time? If I have my wifi card plugged in, and plug in my Iphone or my flashdrive, it kills my internet connection, and neither of them work until the other is removed.

Maybe the USB ports aren't able to handle so many devices at once?

im still trying to get the audio to work.

Could you download Unknown Device Identifier and check the exact Hardware ID of the sound card?
Posted Image

Win98

Win98

Junior

• Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 04-December 11
Here you go:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Win98, 23 October 2012 - 04:23 PM.

Win98

Win98

Junior

• Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 04-December 11
I did a bit of looking around, and I think its a Realtek ALC888.

I got that info from here, and I tried the drivers, but still, the card isnt able to start. http://forums.majorg...ad.php?t=178237

Edited by Win98, 24 October 2012 - 05:57 AM.

tramtrist

tramtrist

Junior

• Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Joined 28-December 12
thank you all
This was a very helpful thread :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users