front port audio drivers in 7 ult 64bit

srgsng25

I just bought the the wife a ECS IC780m-A2.

She is having an issue with windows 7's audio: if she plugs her headset in, it will act like it is it being plugged in and then unplugged, constantly.

If we only have a mic or headset by itself they will work...

We have gone to realtek and pulled the generic drivers...

Has anyone experienced this issue before?

She needs her headset for her online classes...

[...]if she plugs her headset in, it will act like it is it being plugged in and then unplugged, constantly.

If we only have a [...] headset by itself they will work... [...]

So which is it? Does the headset by itself work with this board or not? Or is the problem only when you have both the headset and the mic plugged in? I would think it should work, but you shouldn't need both since the headset has a mic built in, right? If the errant behavior is anytime the headset is plugged in, then it sounds like the headset has a loose wire. The problem could be in the connector on the board or on the front panel or a cold solder joint, but it sounds more like it's either in the headset or in the cable that goes from the board to the front panel. Does the headset work reliably on a different PC?

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

If we only have a mic or headset by itself they will work...

I guess the above quotation might have been intended to mean (but this is just my 2¢, anyway):

If we only connect just a mic or just a headphone by itself, but not both at the same time, either will work...