How Split PST Files of My Outlook 2007?

johanz

I have Outlook 2007 and it's work fine but the .pst file is became so large and i just want to split it but unable to do it .so i want a help of you .

have you any information about pst split?

5s google/bing:

You may experience performance problems when you are working with items in a large .pst file or in a large .ost file in Outlook 2007

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932086/en-us

Method 3: Split your large .pst file into several smaller .pst files

Outlook 2007 does not have a built-in function to split a .pst file into multiple .pst files. Therefore, you have to use one of the following steps to split a large .pst file:

Use the Archive feature to move items to a new .pst file. To do this, follow these steps:

In Outlook 2007, select your .pst file in the navigation pane.

On the File menu, click Archive.

In the Archive dialog box, click to select the Archive this folder and all subfolders check box, and then click a folder from the list.

In the Archive items older than drop-down box, click a date.

Click Browse, specify a path and a file name for the new .pst file, and then click OK.

Note The new .pst file is displayed in the Mail Folders list as Archive Folders.

If you want to change the display name for this .pst file, follow these steps:

Right-click Archive Folders, and then click Properties.

In the Archive Folders Properties dialog box, click Advanced.

In the Personal Folders dialog box, enter the new display name in the Name box.

Click OK two times to return to Outlook.

Use the Move to Folder feature to move items to a new .pst file. To do this, follow these steps:

On the File menu, point to New, and then click Outlook Data File.

In the New Outlook Data File dialog box, click Office Outlook Personal Folders File (.pst), and then click OK.

Specify a path and a file name for the new .pst file.

In the Create Microsoft Personal Folders dialog box, specify the display name of the .pst file in the Name box. This is the name that is used by Outlook in the Mail Folders list.

In the folder that contains the items that you want to move to a new .pst file, click one or more items to move.

On the Edit menu, click Move to Folder.

In the Move Items dialog box, click New.

In the Create New Folder dialog box, enter a name for the new folder in the Name box.

Under Select where to place the folder, click the new .pst file, and then click OK.

In the Move Items dialog box, make sure that the new folder in the new .pst file is selected, and then click OK.

• 2 weeks later...

When moving big amount of data from one pst to an other (new?) one, the size of the 1st one will not decrease. You will need to manually compact the (deflated) pst. I can't remember what the option is called ("compact" or "optimize" or something like that). It's in the Advanced part of the contextual menu. The action takes a lot of time.

Older pst (non Unicode, created by 2000 or earlier versions) can grow up to ~2Gig but tend to become corrupt when reaching that size, but you should not have that problem if the file was created with Outlook 2007.

• 6 months later...