Welcome to MSFN

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

lasitter

Picking a version of Windows 2003 Server?

4 posts in this topic

I don't need any advanced features, and I see that there's actually a thread on converting the server version to a desktop.

I want the extra processors support that Win2k doesn't have natively, and the better driver support for newer hardware.

I have multiple versions of Windows Server to use as upgrade discs, going back to NT 3.51, NT 4, Windows 2000 Server and Windows 2000 Advanced Server, so I could do an upgrade package if any such exists for Windows 2003 server.

Thanks in advance for ideas / links to discussion topics.

Probably either Standard or Enterprise. Standard has a maximum RAM of 4GB tho.

Feature Comparison

Tripredacus: Is the 64-bit version a bugfest? No driver support? Just checking.

Tripredacus: Is the 64-bit version a bugfest? No driver support? Just checking.

Not in my experience. Make sure your hardware is compatible with it to be sure, although I've run Server 2003 Standard on non-server hardware without a problem.