Start Is Back - 2.1 release

Tihiy

Hmm... hello again.

I have just found that Reliability Monitor hadn't been updating from the date that is rather near to the Start Is Back installation date. I think that's just coincidence, but could anybody check if his Windows Reliability Monitor is working properly? I just want to exclude this possibility... Thanks

btw, Tihiy thanks for per machine installation ^^

Does SIB also briefly show the Metro Screen before the desktop is loaded?

This is one drawback that most skip metro solutions seem to have.

Thanks ...

No, it doesn't show at all.

@Tihiy, are you getting ready to release a new release candidate? The download link doesn't work and when I tried to activate an installation it said there was a new version and wouldn't let me activate it.

Hmm... hello again.

I have just found that Reliability Monitor hadn't been updating from the date that is rather near to the Start Is Back installation date. I think that's just coincidence, but could anybody check if his Windows Reliability Monitor is working properly? I just want to exclude this possibility... Thanks

btw, Tihiy thanks for per machine installation ^^

Reliability Monitor seems to be working for me.

Does SIB also briefly show the Metro Screen before the desktop is loaded?

This is one drawback that most skip metro solutions seem to have.

Thanks ...

No, it doesn't show at all.

@Tihiy, are you getting ready to release a new release candidate? The download link doesn't work and when I tried to activate an installation it said there was a new version and wouldn't let me activate it.

RC is out.. keep checking here for final..

http://www.startisback.com/

RC is out.. keep checking here for final..

I'm running the RC, but I think there's still bugs he's squashing before final. He's having me test the activation system and right now it says to upgrade my SiB because there's a new version, only there isn't one available to download yet.

IT'S ALIVE

StartIsBack v1.0 released!

- 15 translations

- New icon

- Improved activation system (hope no bugs)

- Fixed: start button context menu wrong position on multi-mon system

You can buy it now as well!

If any bugs raise, please don't make hysteria over this thread. I think i've deserved some sleep!

I would like to thank you all for testing, support and valuable suggestions. Also incredible thanks and unlimited love for my GF.

Translators and beta testers will be gifted with keys a bit later, when i fix my gift script ;)

IT'S ALIVE

- 15 translations

- New icon

If any bugs raise, please don't make hysteria over this thread. I think i've deserved some sleep!

I would like to thank you all for testing, support and valuable suggestions. Also incredible thanks and unlimited love for my GF.

Translators and beta testers will be gifted with keys a bit later, when i fix my gift script ;)

Awesome work! Your dedication is truly appreciated. Yes, you deserve all the sleep you can get.

Is there anything specific you need us to check out?

EDIT:

Almost forgot...CONGRATS ON THE RELEASE!!!

Edited by ISOHaven

All I see at the website is "Download Release Candidate" and "Comment on it" as links. What are the steps to obtain licenses?

Could you please post the standard hashes for the final install file?

Thanks

edit: nevermind .. had to disable Adblock Plus for your website to see the actual page in Firefox

Edited by click-click

All I see at the website is "Download Release" and "Candidate Comment on it" as links. What are the steps to obtain licenses?

That's was actually "Download Release Candidate" and "Comment on it".

Hit CTRL+F5 or whatever you need to do to perform a hard refresh on the page. Your browser is caching the old page.

IT'S ALIVE

- 15 translations

- New icon

Thank you for your hard work returning the start menu from Windows 7.

IT'S ALIVE

- 15 translations

- New icon

Awesome, and cheaper than chips.. many thanks ..

Why?? Just use Windows 7... Just don't really understand the point of removing the functionality of Windows 8

but I guess everyone has their own taste...

It doesn't remove anything. That's the entire point. Please go back and read what this program does.

Also, Windows 8 is not only about Metro. Please go back and learn and what Windows 8 is all about.