Start Is Back - 2.1 release

Tihiy

Not sure if it has been reported already, but if you stop on an item with a jumplist, wait for it to show, and then move to another item - when jumplist closes, the item beneath the cursor loses focus if it has no jumplist.

Same as in Windows 7.

You probably did not reproduce that behavior intentionally, so I guess it's Microsoft code after all...

You say you use the middle button as double click, why not just turn off double click, I have had it turned off for years, that way you could use the middle click's default (much more convenient)

But that's because the middle-click is practically useless to me (it's hardly mandatory in the vast majority of all software, and my guess is that most people do not use it) while the double-click is ubiquitous. So, replacing it with the wheel-click, saves countless clicks and protects healthy hands (and doesn't overwork problematic hands like mine). The wheel-click could be assigned to another, less prominent mouse button, but that won't help people who don't own multiple-button mouses ("mice" sounds wrong :)) .

Edited by Amigafever

You say you use the middle button as double click, why not just turn off double click, I have had it turned off for years, that way you could use the middle click's default (much more convenient)

But that's because the middle-click is practically useless to me (it's hardly mandatory in the vast majority of all software, and my guess is that most people do not use it) while the double-click is ubiquitous. So, replacing it with the wheel-click, saves countless clicks and protects healthy hands (and doesn't overwork problematic hands like mine). The wheel-click could be assigned to another, less prominent mouse button, but that won't help people who don't own multiple-button mouses ("mice" sounds wrong :)) .

Well that was why I suggested turning on single click in folder options and then you will never have to double click anything ever again, I hate double click, it's a waste of time and annoying to me, that's why I have it off.

I've got double-click mapped to the Forward button (Back button is for switching between programs - click once and it does Alt+Esc, hold down and scroll with wheel and it does Alt+(Shift+)Tab).

Well that was why I suggested turning on single click in folder options and then you will never have to double click anything ever again, I hate double click, it's a waste of time and annoying to me, that's why I have it off.

But then you have to R-Click and select rename (for example) instead of single click then hit F2. I could never get unused to that :lol:

But then you have to R-Click and select rename (for example) instead of single click then hit F2. I could never get unused to that :lol:

Yeah I can see your point but I have never used F2 to rename, always used the right click and selected rename from the context menu lol I guess it's a matter of preference :)

Tiihy, someone taking a shot at Start Is Back here. :whistle:

Tobin's statement *might*, technically, be true. Whether MS would consider it worth it to do anything about it, however, who knows. It's his opinion, everyone has their right to have one. At least he didn't express his negative opinion in the SiB thread. :D

Tiihy, someone taking a shot at Start Is Back here. :whistle:

Tobin's statement *might*, technically, be true. Whether MS would consider it worth it to do anything about it, however, who knows. It's his opinion, everyone has their right to have one. At least he didn't express his negative opinion in the SiB thread. :D

Exactly! No need to track down all the haters. Haters gonna hate.

And here it is!

VERSION 1.2 RELEASE

http://www.startisback.com/StartIsBack_setup.exe

Changes over 1.2RC2:

- Fixed: hibernate shutdown option could fail to show in configurator

- Fixed: high contast themes start menu issues

- Fixed: popping combined start screen / button menu shifts cursor position

- New: Control Panel shortcut for Start menu configuration

- Updated AeroByDesign style

- Installing for all users no longer requires log off

Some rewriting i planned will go to 1.3 since it requires testing.

Edited by Tihiy

Great, the text in the main part of Start Menu is now visible for me :)

It'd be nice if something could be done about submenus (Shut down, Control Panel etc.), but at least the text is visible there, even if the selection isn't.