Start Is Back - 2.1 release

Tihiy

Thanks for the update. The new installer caused most tray icons of running applications (security software, Yahoo Messenger etc.) to disappear. Sign out/in was necessary to get everything back. Tested on Win 8 x86.

Edited by Amigafever

Thanks for the update. The new installer caused most tray icons of running applications (security software, Yahoo Messenger etc.) to disappear. Sign out/in was necessary to get everything back. Tested on Win 8 x86.

Not duplicated here, everything came back to my surprise. Windows 8 Enterprise x64

Thanks Tihiy for the update!

Edit: FYI this was an upgrade from v1.2 RC 2.

Edited by roirraW "edor" ehT

IE 10 doesn't seem to like it. Tried on 3 different machines. You can still install it, it just complains about it.

Could be because timestamp is not valid yet for your time zone or your clock is set up wrong. Retry in 8 hours?

IE 10 doesn't seem to like it. Tried on 3 different machines. You can still install it, it just complains about it.

Could be because timestamp is not valid yet for your time zone or your clock is set up wrong. Retry in 8 hours?

Time and date are fine. I'll try again tomorrow.

@Tihiy

Fantastic work. Serbian translation is recognized, I just tested. And thanks for the licence. I'm willing to continue to update translation whenever you need it, so you can put me on some mailing list for that.

VERSION 1.2 RELEASE

Changes over 1.2RC2:

- Fixed: hibernate shutdown option could fail to show in configurator

- Fixed: high contast themes start menu issues

- Fixed: popping combined start screen / button menu shifts cursor position

- New: Control Panel shortcut for Start menu configuration

- Updated AeroByDesign style

- Installing for all users no longer requires log off

thanks for the new version :thumbup

Fantastic release, I see an issue though. :)

Using the new AeroByDesign, I find that the User Picture no longer overlaps the top-right-hand-side hemisphere of StartIsBack - aesthetically, that sucks (to me - also deviates from the original.) No settings were changed between 1.2 RC2 and 1.2.

9llxzr.jpg

Fantastic release, I see an issue though. :)

Using the new AeroByDesign, I find that the User Picture no longer overlaps the top-right-hand-side hemisphere of StartIsBack - aesthetically, that sucks (to me - also deviates from the original.) No settings were changed between 1.2 RC2 and 1.2.

9llxzr.jpg

Seems fine here, checked with default theme and my Aero 8 theme

Edited by MrGRiM

Silent installation for v1.2 works with /silent or /elevated /silent, but, in both cases I've got the purple screen after log on and explorer.exe process it's not working , so I need to start task manager first.

I wonder if it's possible to add another switch to silent installation like /nologoff or /norestart, because it's usefull when we install drivers or programs at first boot with setupcomplete.cmd. Another switch to insert the serial number will be great, so we can click only the Activate button after restart, or application can attempt itself to activate when the machine is online.

Thanks!

User Picture no longer overlaps the top-right-hand-side hemisphere of StartIsBack
Not sure if it's a regression, but will fix this. As a workaround, move taskbar to other side and back to bottom.

Silent installation for v1.2 works with /silent or /elevated /silent, but, in both cases I've got the purple screen after log on and explorer.exe process it's not working , so I need to start task manager first.

You must add a command to start explorer.exe, that should be it.

User Picture no longer overlaps the top-right-hand-side hemisphere of StartIsBack
Not sure if it's a regression, but will fix this. As a workaround, move taskbar to other side and back to bottom.

Hey, the problem is back!!! :P

Had switched off the system for an hour and upon powering it on, the User Picture was mucked again. :(

However, it reverts back to normal as soon as the Explorer is restarted.

I have a little suggestion for better visuals - please note, not trying to get into any comparisons, here.

Can we have the following 2 components, more opaque:-

• The Frame around the User Picture and
  • The Background of the User Picture.

Check out the following figure, it illustrates how fabulous StartIsBack would look:- :whistle:

29dtvyg.jpg