Start Is Back - 2.1 release

Tihiy

Nah, almost all PC keyboards have both Windows keys, though it's true that many laptops only have one.

I have over 300 PCs and when this issue first came up I walked around and tried to find one. I couldn't find a single keyboard with a right winkey. No, I didn't check them all :P

I just checked the first page that came up when I searched for keyboards at Newegg - http://www.newegg.com/Keyboards/SubCategory/ID-63. There were keyboards from MS, Logitech, Saitek, Rosewill, Tt, LITE-ON, Orange, and others. Except for the Mini keyboards, most, but not all, of the keyboards shown there had a right Windows key.

Cheers and Regards

Well, I've been using this. and I have to say I love it!. I want to say thanks for this great piece of software!

Anyways Enough of the praise you already receive enough :P

Well I have a most likely dumb question. Is there anyway I can like temporally turn the start menu off and bring back the hot corner for the start screen?

I'm just curios that's all.

I just checked the first page that came up when I searched for keyboards at Newegg - http://www.newegg.com/Keyboards/SubCategory/ID-63. There were keyboards from MS, Logitech, Saitek, Rosewill, Tt, LITE-ON, Orange, and others. Except for the Mini keyboards, most, but not all, of the keyboards shown there had a right Windows key.

Cheers and Regards

Now all you have to do is snap your fingers and make the millions on top of millions of current keyboards out there in the wild turn into brand new, new generation keyboards. Good luck! ;p

Also, the first keyboard I saw on new egg had no right winkey. Rosewill RK-101 Black 107 Normal Keys PS/2 Standard Enhanced Keyboard

Your looking at a menu key, not a winkey. Granted, you could reassign it but whatever. By default that key will active most menu bars.

Rosewill RK-101 Black 107 Normal Keys PS/2 Standard Enhanced Keyboard indeed has a right winkey.

As a matter of fact, it has the right win key followed by the menu key, both are present.

Or you have changed the definition of win keys, or I'm just plain wrong since 1995.

Cheers.

got the same issue as someone stated before: the avatar box isn't more like between the starrmenù edge but it's "under" it O_o

This shouldn't be the case with version 1.2.1 or later. This is normal and expected for non-bottom taskbar position though.

Well, I've been using this. and I have to say I love it!. I want to say thanks for this great piece of software!

Well I have a most likely dumb question. Is there anyway I can like temporally turn the start menu off and bring back the hot corner for the start screen?

You can't turn it off but did you know that if you middle-click (click the scroll-wheel) the Start Orb, it'll open the Start Screen? Only if you don't change the default behavior of the scroll-wheel click, though.

You can't turn it off but did you know that if you middle-click (click the scroll-wheel) the Start Orb, it'll open the Start Screen? Only if you don't change the default behavior of the scroll-wheel click, though.

No I didn't know that, Man thanks!. That's pretty nice to know.

got the same issue as someone stated before: the avatar box isn't more like between the starrmenù edge but it's "under" it O_o

This shouldn't be the case with version 1.2.1 or later. This is normal and expected for non-bottom taskbar position though.

Dunno, first time I've noticed it....and I've always the taskbar on the bottom :|

Edited by Aizen

The only (minor) problem I have is that most of the time, when using the search box, the search results will not have their icon but a 'blank page' icon. The proper icons will only show if I move or hover the mouse pointer over them, or move the selection with the keyboard arrows. Problem remains in 1.3RC0.

I haven't seen this issue yet and can't reproduce it.

It happens on the main menu too, sometimes - not just in the search results.

Edited by Amigafever

wow this is simply the best start menu for windows 8... its like having a windows 7 lay out but with a native windows 8. I installed the RC and if there is something i will post it here. Thanks man...

edit:

OMG its my first post.. lol

Edited by night79fox

Hi,

I am using StartIsBack Version 1.2.1. If I add a Tool bar to the Task bar. it disappear after I reboot the Computer. It happens also if I add the Windows Language bar to the Task Bar (the one that changes the keyboard languages).

It never happend before I install this Software.

Please try replicating this.

Thanks,

John

I am using StartIsBack Version 1.2.1. If I add a Tool bar to the Task bar. it disappear after I reboot the Computer. It happens also if I add the Windows Language bar to the Task Bar (the one that changes the keyboard languages).

It never happend before I install this Software.

Please try replicating this.

I don't reproduce this, you're the first one to report this. Can you check if it happens without StartIsBack? It does not change bands nor interferes with saving process.