Start Is Back - 2.1 release

Tihiy

Ok, I re-installed using the "Install for everyone" and now the Start Apps shows up..:thumbup

I've explored this and this happens only when UAC is totally off (EnableLUA = 0) or you're in unrestricted admin mode. In this mode Modern apps don't work so Start Apps folder is not needed. Or not? Please explain your UAC settings (and other settings knowing you're big registry tinkerer).

Ok, I re-installed using the "Install for everyone" and now the Start Apps shows up..:thumbup

I've explored this and this happens only when UAC is totally off (EnableLUA = 0) or you're in unrestricted admin mode. In this mode Modern apps don't work so Start Apps folder is not needed. Or not? Please explain your UAC settings (and other settings knowing you're big registry tinkerer).

Well I am the unrestricted Built-in Admin but my UAC is turned off, so it was the UAC , hopefully this will help the next user with this issue .. Thanks for the quick response

Hey.. you didn't respond to my second question on my above post.. I pre-install all my apps unattended in Windows 8 (don't mess with post-installs much) so this is important to me to be able to run it silent ..

What is the silent install flags or switches on version 2.0RC3 to install for everyone? The old /silent switch no longer works from your other version..

if I use /S it prompts for the install for me or everyone and stops there..

What is the silent install flags or switches on version 2.0RC3 to install for everyone? The old /silent switch no longer works from your other version..

Same switches are working:

/silent for user install

/elevated /silent for machine install

You need to run explorer.exe after silent installation.

Same switches are working:

/silent for user install

/elevated /silent for machine install

You need to run explorer.exe after silent installation.

Ok thanks Tihiy,

just did a silent install with the /silent but it defaults to the first option "Install for me",

Do you have a switch to have it install to "Install for everyone" rather than the

"Install for me" option??:}

Ok thanks Tihiy,

just did a silent install with the /silent but it defaults to the first option "Install for me",

Do you have a switch to have it install to "Install for everyone" rather than the

/elevated /silent

Ok thanks Tihiy,

/elevated /silent

Ok, Thanks Tihiy!

Just did a Win8 re-install with a silent install of StartIsBack and worked Perfectly!

- So /silent for user install = "Install for me"

- and /elevated /silent for machine install = "Install for everyone"

Life is good.. :thumbup

Ok, Thanks Tihiy!

Just did a Win8 re-install with a silent install of StartIsBack and worked Perfectly!

- So /silent for user install = "Install for me"

- and /elevated /silent for machine install = "Install for everyone"

Life is good.. :thumbup

ANOTHER satisfied customer! Woot! Go Tihiy! :D

I'm looking forward to soon getting enough business that I can afford to buy a bunch of business licenses so I can start including it in every Windows 8 install I do for customers! SiB is the best!

I'm looking forward to soon getting enough business that I can afford to buy a bunch of business licenses so I can start including it in every Windows 8 install I do for customers! SiB is the best!
We already did that at work - first with 10 licenses, then when these ran out, with 40 more.

Morning Tihiy!

Activation question, I do a lot of re-installs of Win8 on the same machine for testing purposes etc, So my Question is: Do you have a Activation Limit (on the Same machine) ?

I used another product Start something or nother lol.. I know my bad.. and they said I had Reached my Activitation Limit.. So Before I commit to SIB I need to know, do you

also have any kind of provision of backing up the activation so I wont have to re-activate each time (such as a .bin file or whatever)?

Thanks for the Help and a Great Product!.. DosProbie rolleyes.gif

Activation question, I do a lot of re-installs of Win8 on the same machine for testing purposes etc, So my Question is: Do you have a Activation Limit (on the Same machine) ?

Q: How many times can I reinstall / reactivate StartIsBack?

A: There is no limitation on how many times you can activate an installation on same PC.

You can backup activation data from registry [sOFTWARE\StartIsBack\License] and restore it freely.

We already did that at work - first with 10 licenses, then when these ran out, with 40 more.

Maybe someday I'll be able to buy the 300! :) Of course by then MS might put the Start Menu back in, although I hope they don't - SiB is better!

Q: How many times can I reinstall / reactivate StartIsBack?

A: There is no limitation on how many times you can activate an installation on same PC.

You can backup activation data from registry [sOFTWARE\StartIsBack\License] and restore it freely.

Great!! Thanks for the quick reply.. I think I saw a post on here somewhere that you can add a commandline to have it pre-activated.. Was I dreaming are do you have that option?

Great!! Thanks for the quick reply.. I think I saw a post on here somewhere that you can add a commandline to have it pre-activated.. Was I dreaming are do you have that option?

StartIsBackCfg.exe /activate [/elevated] YOUR-LICENSE-KEY-NUMBER

/elevated for all users install