Start Is Back - 2.1 release

Tihiy

Thank you very much for 2.0.. I have a question though, I just came from start8 and there seems to be alot more start orbs in .png format and .bmp format.

StartIsBack supports both .png and .bmp formats (and always did). To add them, press 'Add...' under orb preview list.

Anyways, the only issue I have had is that some programs like Steam for example, when pinned to the start ment, have (2) next to it, and won't allow me to change it to just "Steam" because "a program called 'Steam' is already pinned there." But...there isn't. How do I fix that?

Go to %appdata%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\user pinned\StartMenu and delete existing shortcuts; then unpin and re-pin items.

You're amazing. Thanks!

Thank you very much for 2.0.. I have a question though, I just came from start8 and there seems to be alot more start orbs in .png format and .bmp format.

StartIsBack supports both .png and .bmp formats (and always did). To add them, press 'Add...' under orb preview list.

Not sure if its just me, but I've just tried like 20 .pngs and none of them work :/ Cant it use the same as start8?

Not sure if its just me, but I've just tried like 20 .pngs and none of them work :/ Cant it use the same as start8?

Yes you can use same png images as in Start8. Add them with 'Add...' dialog, not just copy them into Orbs subfolder.

I believe it's not allowed to redistribute parts of Start8. What exactly do you mean by 'some do not work'?

If you want to participate in translation, see this post or write me what's wrong with translation, i'll forward your notes to the translator.

I believe it's not allowed to redistribute parts of Start8. What exactly do you mean by 'some do not work'?

If you want to participate in translation, see this post or write me what's wrong with translation, i'll forward your notes to the translator.

startisback no accept then: http://prntscr.com/uwcx6

you can give me the http://startisback.com/langs/RU-RU.txt in PT-PT and i will tell you what is wrong....ok?

Edited by gsilvap

And it is possible to have a separator bar between "Redémarrer" and "Veille"?
Maybe, in the future vesion.

Thanks so much, it will be really cool

As with Windows 7, in fact

Edited by bapt

Hi all,

Very nice software, and very good improvement with the upgrade afaikt so far.

I am gonna buy it for sure (atm just on trial license) if I can fix this problem:

Since the upgrade to 2.0 although the settings are set to run the Metro Start screen on boot, the system still switches to the desktop (seems to jump there a few seconds later than when I actually select jumping to the desktop on boot).

Its since after the upgrade Im quite sure, and its annoying for me :(. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!