Start Is Back - 2.1 release

Tihiy

@markyp

That has nothing to do with SIB - to change the right click taskbar, choose properties, then on taskbar tab - it can be changed under taskbar buttons - usually set to always combine, hide labels, change it to never combine

Hello Tihiy,

Could you please ad the feature into current SIB and SIB+?

Please add an arrow button next to the start screen shortcut, when we press that arrow, the list of the metro apps will show on the right panel.

post-380198-0-94286500-1374749543_thumb.

Hello Tihiy,

Could you please ad the feature into current SIB and SIB+?

Please add an arrow button next to the start screen shortcut, when we press that arrow, the list of the metro apps will show on the right panel.

Actually, I've considered this for SIB 2.0, but it didn't work out. Jump lists are bit too limited for this task.

It maaay work out for some advanced users, but generally it does not work well.

Hi Tihiy

Bought a license yesterday, have not received my license key. Have emailed you to the startisback gmail address but still don't have a response.

Please can you assist to resolve?

Evan Ressel

I've noticed a strange bug in this release, which happens if you change the Windows appearance at the same time as the start menu appearance while the transparent taskbar is disabled.

This bug forces the taskbar to be grey regardless of the colour Windows is set tol see attached screenshot.

post-380275-0-28507700-1375012238_thumb.

Only way to fix this problem is a restart

Edited by cooky560

Found a nasty bug: With StartIsBack active, Control Panel suddenly has an Add Features to Windows 8 option that thinks your system is not activated AND does not allow you to activate it with the current key (at least with the Win8Pro Upgrade). Problem goes away if you disable StartIsBack for the current account.

Found a nasty bug: With StartIsBack active, Control Panel suddenly has an Add Features to Windows 8 option that thinks your system is not activated AND does not allow you to activate it with the current key (at least with the Win8Pro Upgrade). Problem goes away if you disable StartIsBack for the current account.

I find that hard to believe.

Hey...There are many apps, programs and games are reduces as compared to windows 7. If possible please sort out these issue.

Sorry, what?

@Tihiy: Can you produce your StartIsBack in form like a Windows 7 Toolkit Addon how can be possible to be integrated directly to Install.wim as pre-installed software, and trial period will be same as Windows = 30 days?

Here you can check list for addons released till now.

Edited by maxmaxtorix

Not sure if I'm posting in the right place, it's late and I've been researching software all day for a new arrival tomorrow. I needed to know if StartIsBack allows adding folders to the main menu, as well as have the Programs menu expand with sub-menus. Like create a folder in the start menu for Graphics Programs, and expand with a link to all my graphics programs?

Thanks

Tim

Not sure if I'm posting in the right place, it's late and I've been researching software all day for a new arrival tomorrow. I needed to know if StartIsBack allows adding folders to the main menu, as well as have the Programs menu expand with sub-menus. Like create a folder in the start menu for Graphics Programs, and expand with a link to all my graphics programs?

StartIsBack can make All Programs expandable.

You can add custom folders into right side of menu with StartIsBack+ on Windows 8.1.

I like Startisback, and haven't had any problems except one: When I click on Start, and then on All Programs, sometimes about half of the program list lacks the folder icons (nothing is there, just a blank). I can't launch or expand any programs where the folder icon is missing.

At first I thought this was just slowness due to using a netbook (Win8 32 Pro), but it also happens on my i7 desktop machine (Win8 64 Pro). This problems has occured enough times that it is making me consider alternatives to Startisback.

Any comments/solutions? [sorry if this has been covered before, just point me to the right post.]

I like Startisback, and haven't had any problems except one: When I click on Start, and then on All Programs, sometimes about half of the program list lacks the folder icons (nothing is there, just a blank). I can't launch or expand any programs where the folder icon is missing.

Such issue wasn't reported. I would consider some common software like antivirus wrecking things; do graphical glitches start to occur in other places of desktop / explorer? Try to go to program configuration and press OK to reload start menu in such situation.

Such issue wasn't reported. I would consider some common software like antivirus wrecking things; do graphical glitches start to occur in other places of desktop / explorer? Try to go to program configuration and press OK to reload start menu in such situation.

No graphical glitches appear elsewhere in desktop/explorer. The only antivirus running is the standard Microsoft Windows Defender. If I can, I'll try to capture the screen next time it happens.