Start Is Back - 2.1 release

Tihiy

I am no one!!! :yes: :yes: :yes:

Ok no one but hero named gsilvap noticied it, and only with his help this bug was saved from the dungeon of bugs.
Its since after the upgrade Im quite sure, and its annoying for me
That's very unlikely. You can try 1.3.3 to be sure: http://www.startisback.com/StartIsBack_setup133.exe (uninstall 2.0 first).

I tried the trial version and it was great though i found some bugs.

It wouldn't recognize opennewwindow commands (or context) which is usally found on browsers (right clicking on them). It will show "opennewwindow" instead of "Open in new window"

Another thing is the pin problems.. it wouldn't recognize shortcuts already present in the folder (sometimes when I pin some items, it would have a name like XXX (2) or XXX (3) and so on and so forth)

Overall, it's awesome. Keep working on it :thumbup

EDIT:

There are also some instances when I put my taskbar on top.. the menu list (the right side.. including user icon/computer/control panel links etc) isn't adjusted. but i guess it's a rare bug anyways.

Edited by jim7777

It wouldn't recognize opennewwindow commands (or context) which is usally found on browsers (right clicking on them). It will show "opennewwindow" instead of "Open in new window"

It's Windows 8 issue, unfortunately.
Another thing is the pin problems.. it wouldn't recognize shortcuts already present in the folder (sometimes when I pin some items, it would have a name like XXX (2) or XXX (3) and so on and so forth)
I'm improving this. On first installation, pinned items folder is cleaned and Windows 7 pinned items are migrated.

StartIsBack 2.0 is missing some translations. If you can translate SIB into following languages, please help! How to

Missing languages:

Czech: http://startisback.com/langs/cs-cz.txt

Slovak: http://startisback.com/langs/SK-SK.txt

Croatian: http://startisback.com/langs/HR-HR.txt

New languages are also welcome!

Next version should bring RTL translation support.

It's Windows 8 issue, unfortunately.
I'm improving this. On first installation, pinned items folder is cleaned and Windows 7 pinned items are migrated.

oh that's a microsoft issue..

Just a suggestion, would you allow integration of the context menu (right click menu) regarding PInning to start menu?

Since it's kinda confusing two "Pin to Start" are being shown.. (Pin to Start and Pin to Start Menu) like integrating them? Or adding a setting which if the user wouldn't be using start screen that much, disable the former so only Pin to Start Menu is shown.

It's really confusing sometimes...

Edited by jim7777

Or adding a setting which if the user wouldn't be using start screen that much, disable the former so only Pin to Start Menu is shown.

If you turn Start screen into Apps screen, 'Pin to Start' context menu item is removed.

Or adding a setting which if the user wouldn't be using start screen that much, disable the former so only Pin to Start Menu is shown.

If you turn Start screen into Apps screen, 'Pin to Start' context menu item is removed.

ohh great i overlooked it. thank you

ohh great i overlooked it. thank you :thumbup

edit:

is the charms really enabling the hot corner (bottom left) even startisback has disabled it? or it is just native to be like that in windows 8?

Edit 2:

lol it showed two posts o.o sorry for that

Edited by jim7777

is the charms really enabling the hot corner (bottom left) even startisback has disabled it? or it is just native to be like that in windows 8?

When you invoke any kind of Modern UI, all hot corners are enabled.

When you invoke any kind of Modern UI, all hot corners are enabled.

found something

when i put the taskbar on the sides and when i click on the start menu, it covers the taskbar.. or is it just me?

here's a screenshot

oh when will the official support be up? i'll be glad to help :lol:

post-375093-0-33157800-1362566153_thumb.

Edited by jim7777

when i put the taskbar on the sides and when i click on the start menu, it covers the taskbar.. or is it just me?

It's supposed to be this way. For now, opening another support forum is not worth the security risk / maintenance time. :ph34r:

It's supposed to be this way. For now, opening another support forum is not worth the security risk / maintenance time. :ph34r:

i guess you may put the start menu beside the taskbar.. there will be some instances when you forgot what program have you ran.... or you want to check what programs are running without closing the start menu.. something like that.. so i wouldn't waste 2 clicks just to check what programs are on the taskbar

It's supposed to be this way.

i guess you may put the start menu beside the taskbar..

Sorry, I disagree. StartIsBack has the exact same behavior as Windows 7, which it should. While I understand that your suggestion would allow a very, very small improvement in efficiency in one very particular case, I personally feel in this case it is better to conform to the established "standard" behavior. If in the future, if Tihiy can and wishes to add your suggested behavior as an option, then that might be appropriate, but it should definitely should not be default behavior nor a priority to implement, IMO.

Cheers and Regards

Hi! I noticed an issue.

When some programs are pinned on the start menu, it's possible to show recent files, or main actions (like ccleaner)

If you click on the arrow in the figure, it shows the side panel as it's expected to do. But the animation is not as fluid as in windows 7: a white shadow appears and then it is covered by the panel.

I think the attached image explains a lot better what I'm trying to say.

Is it possible to make the animation more win7-like?

thanks a lot!

post-374707-0-23861600-1362682302_thumb.