Start Is Back - 2.1 release

Tihiy

The team from start8 now have just released an app to open every metro apps in an explorer process into the desktop, maybe startisback can have this function in future?

The team from start8 now have just released an app to open every metro apps in an explorer process into the desktop, maybe startisback can have this function in future?

Yes, SIB 3.0 is planned to have this feature, (when / if) it is released.

I have both StartIsBack and the beta of ModernMix (from Stardock) on my Windows 8 computers (a total cost of only $6.00 US per computer), and it is really nice how they work with each other. As for Tihiy adding the features of ModernMix to StartIsBack, I think I'd rather he didn't. I love StartIsBack and I'd rather not see it get too bloated with features that really aren't functions of the Windows 7 start menu.

Edited by CompUser

I love StartIsBack and I'd rather not see it get too bloated with features that really aren't functions of the Windows 7 start menu.

This is still a preliminary idea and will be discussed later. As for ModernMix, compatibility improvements for it will be in next version.

Also, I've implemented long-needed direct card payments on the site.

The way this is implemented is insecure - the CC entry form opens in an overlay of an insecure site.

The way this is implemented is insecure - the CC entry form opens in an overlay of an insecure site.

Fixed this.

That's very unlikely. You can try 1.3.3 to be sure: http://www.startisback.com/StartIsBack_setup133.exe (uninstall 2.0 first).

Hello again,

I finally tried to switch back as you suggested, and you were correct, of course.

Without StartisBack - its fine, it stays in the Startscreen. With Startisback, regardless of the version and regardless of the Settings, it switches to the desktop after some seconds (a bit earlier if set to switch to desktop anyways).

Do you have any other program installed that would do that? Any other Start Menu program (Classic Shell...etc)? That's the behavior that would happen if that were so.

I have lots of programs including cygwin, but in the Autostart installed by me just these: AltDrag and VirtuaWin. And the issue was already before I installed those.

What kinds of programs would force the switch to the desktop, do you have an idea?

Thanks for you help!

Cheers.

startisback is the best program of appearing so far. then start8 from Stardock. startisback's almost like the Windows 7 and is in control panel but also has some problems. I noticed that after leaving a game and press the Windows key and the menu does not appear hurt about it. (the game is nfsworld).would be great poop would appear in the taskbar that we can make changes.and would be great if it's a blend. the themes of W8 and W7 I mean like a mix.and the home of windows8 screen and taskbar appear

post-373952-0-60474400-1363023648_thumb.

Edited by stelian88

is it possible to export/sync the setting betweens several PCs?

You can export HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\StartIsBack registry keys.

Version 2.0.2 is out

http://www.startisback.com/#download-tab

- Improved compatibility with non-fullscreen modern apps (read ModernMix)

- Shortcuts for games are no longer created in Games start menu subfolder. Games can be searched from Start menu search

- Fix: Start Screen shortcut was removed by some cleaners

Dear Tihiy,

it is a nice idea. I am not using Windows 8 atm. But I have a licence question:

2 PCs 3 US-$

What about Virtual Machines (eg Over VirtualBox)?

Some Suggestions:

Would it be possible to make the taskbar and Start Button changeable for Users to 7like, Vistalike or XPlike?

Means: Account: User1 likes 7 and User2 likes Vista Look.

Greetings

ImpRex