Start Is Back - 2.1 release

Tihiy

I did not reproduce Outlook issue and there was no additional fixes for it.

I just re-confirmed it with 2.0.2.

Did you use Outlook 2013 (I can't confirm for any earlier version)? If so, what kind of mail account did you use to test with? I'm testing with POP3, and it's a total wipeout with your start screen uncluttering feature enabled: no toast, no notification sound. The mail just magically appears. At least you see the new mail symbol in Outlook's taskbar icon, otherwise it would be impossible to know if mail came in.

I just re-confirmed it with 2.0.2.

And I did. Unfortunately, this is due to the way 'Rename Start to Apps" is implemented - all desktop apps are isolated from Modern UI environment. I'll try to resolve this in the future version. Sorry for the trouble!

Thanks for the New Update..Working Good ! thumbup.gif

Been manually adding a shortcut to Disk Cleanup to System Tools ,

how hard would it be to add this in next version?

I answered and fixed my own question, the below script (remove .txt extension) installs the following missing windows apps back to the Start Menu similar to Windows 7.

Accessories

- Bluetooth Transfer

- Mobility Center

- Sync Center

Maintenance

- Backup and Restore Center

- Create Recovery Disc

- Remote Assistance

Programs

- Windows Update

System Tools

- Optimize Disks

- Disk Cleanup

- Private Character Editor

- Resource Monitor

- System Information

- System Restore

- Task Scheduler

- Windows Easy Transfer

Windows Ease of Access

- Ease Of Access Center

StartMenuApp.Addon.vbs.txt

Edited by DosProbie

By the way, toasts seems like a nice way to notify about new version of StartIsBack without going to properties.

I think I'll use toasts as an additional way of notifying about new SIB versions with v2.1.

I see some suggestion that SIB theme could be better - I prefer it just like it is, and I think you did a better job than MS in Win7 - the whole appearance blends into OS.

Edited by higH1

I see some suggestion that SIB theme could be better - I prefer it just like it is, and I think you did a better job than MS in Win7 - the whole appearance blends into OS.

I Agree as well, great addition to Win 8.. On a side note I work in a retirement community and one of my customers had me do a set-up on their new computer, Of course when I finished they both asked me "Where is the Start button and all my programs?" and were also upset that the salesperson at Best Buy also failed to mention this as well, So having already anticipating just such an issue, I went ahead and installed SIB and configured all the programs along with installing all the windows 7 games back in needless to say they were overjoyed and life was good again!

Would it be possible to add an option to place any folder or file on the right side of the start menu (ideally also with a way to put them in a preferred order)?

a good option to send to desktop for left programs would be an idea to

Hello, I'm trying out the trial version 2.0.2 on a brand new Win8 installation and if I modify the install path to, say, C:\Software\StartIsBack, the setup refues to continue, as C:\Software does not exist. I believe it is just an overlooked "papercut". Thank you for your efforts on SiB!

It's strange to know other users can choose where to install SIB.

I installed it 2 days ago, and I didn't have an option to select the path. It chose a place to install itself!

It's strange to know other users can choose where to install SIB.

I installed it 2 days ago, and I didn't have an option to select the path. It chose a place to install itself!

You only get that option when you choose to install for all users and not just the current logged in user.

OK, got it. Thanks for replying, Maslow.

So far I haven't got anything to complain about SIB except just one small thing! While changing some appearance options I deleted an orb by accident. I don't know how to get it back.

OK, got it. Thanks for replying, Maslow.

So far I haven't got anything to complain about SIB except just one small thing! While changing some appearance options I deleted an orb by accident. I don't know how to get it back.

Reinstall on top of itself. You should keep all your settings.

Edited by ISOHaven

Thanks for the reply. Already got it back.

Btw, it wasn't my fault at all! There is a Delete command next to the Add, so I tried it. I thought if I deleted an orb it would be sent to the Recycle Bin. Don't know that it just disappeared from sight, and I couldn't find it anywhere.

Please make All program Windows XP Style program shortcuts appear after all folders (currently all shortcuts appear before folders)

Edited by qazplm