Start Is Back - 2.1 release

Tihiy

Using

start %~dp0StartIsBackPlus_setup.exe /elevated /silent

under setupcomplete.cmd will destroy SIB function for being uninstalled or upgraded.

It will not let you reboot after you have upgraded or rebooted, it will simply log out user.

If force rebooting you will be back without any back background and no explorer available for use. And you are forced to install the same installation again..

Tested on 3 different machines + virtualbox.

Can you fix this for unattended use?

• 3 months later...

Hi,

First off, just let me say that you must be a multimillionaire by now after inventing this wonderful software.

I installed StartIsBack awhile ago, but have lost the key password thingy. Just recently my computer keeps asking

me to upgrade to Windows 8.1....HELLLLPPP !!!!!....I just keep clicking on 'In 4 Hours' when it asks.

I am not sure how to check which version of StartIsBack I have, when I type StartIsBack into search programs and files,

it just says 'StartIsBack_Setup'. Sorry, I am not very computer literate.

Do I simply download StartIsBack+ and install ? I do NOT mind having to pay another $3 for StartIsBack+.

Once again, thank you for this wonderful software, you have saved many peoples sanity.

Regards

Zaphodity

post-400117-0-30451400-1417073445_thumb.

Edited by zaphodity

• 1 month later...

I have a couple quick questions.  On a typical menu like the one attached (StartIsBack 2.1.2 under Windows 8), how do I remove the "Start Screen" from the list?

And how do I pin something else to it?  Whenever I drag an icon over the Start button it doesn't allow me to drop it to pin it.

post-389793-0-82962200-1421593655_thumb.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a couple quick questions.  On a typical menu like the one attached (StartIsBack 2.1.2 under Windows 8), how do I remove the "Start Screen" from the list?

And how do I pin something else to it?  Whenever I drag an icon over the Start button it doesn't allow me to drop it to pin it.

To Remove Start Screen :

Right Click on Start Button And Choose Properties and UNCHECK " Display Start screen shortcut " .

How Pin something :

Go to " All Programs " and Right Click On your Choice and Select " Pin to Start Menu "

• 4 months later...

Hello, I checked out StartisBack at the recommendation of a friend. I use Windows for personal and business use, a one-man show photography business. Do you offer licenses for smaller businesses than 10 computers (I don't need that many) or should I just purchase the personal? Thanks! 

Hello, I checked out StartisBack at the recommendation of a friend. I use Windows for personal and business use, a one-man show photography business. Do you offer licenses for smaller businesses than 10 computers (I don't need that many) or should I just purchase the personal? Thanks! 

Hi!  I can't really speak for Tihiy, but I'm pretty sure that whichever fits your needs the best is fine - that the business licenses are merely for the convenience of being able to apply one single key to however many PCs, so if the personal license fits you better due to only needing a few, then he's probably fine with it.  Make sure and test the trial version on your configuration to make sure it works as you expect it to.  Also, this particular version "StartIsBack" is only for Windows 8.0.  If you're running Windows 8.1, you want StartIsBack+, both available at www.startisback.com.

Edited by roirraWedorehT

• 1 year later...

i didnt do anything or change anything but all of a sudden the programs on the left side are empty

option display frequently used apps has always been checked

i even un-installed and re-installed and still doesnt fix it

any help would be greatly appreciated

start1.png

start1_2.jpg

• 8 months later...