Start Is Back - 2.1 release

Tihiy

Next version should be Release Candidate and it should come in a week, i hope, alongside with a site and purchase options.

Issues need to be resolved

- Metro hotkey not working first time

- Icon flickering

- Translations

- Better install/uninstall experience

- Auto/manual updates for StartIsBack

Issues wontfix for RC/1.0

- Gray text in start menu search (that's how search fields look with RTM theme)

- Any Win8RP issues

- Arabic/RTL languages

- Black High contast theme support

All feature requests are to be considered.

I need more trusty pals which can help me test activation system. If you have several real PCs with x86/x64 Win8/Server2012 and can spend some time helping me, please e-mail/PM me.

Thanks for this fantastic program ;-)

Next version should be Release Candidate and it should come in a week, i hope, alongside with a site and purchase options.

- Icon flickering

- Translations

- Any Win8RP issues

- Arabic/RTL languages

I need more trusty pals which can help me test activation system. If you have several real PCs with x86/x64 Win8/Server2012 and can spend some time helping me, please e-mail/PM me.

Awesome work mate, look forward to buying the final product, for my use it was already perfected in BETA 3 pretty much but glad you have continued with further improvements :)

I was trying to avoid running a beta version of the program, but...I couldn't resist anymore and removed ClassicShell, then installed StartIsBack.

It's impressive, integrates perfectly and even the default orb is OK. And the setup package is only 586KB, lol!

Absolutely no issues here.

Not going back, this is a keeper, thanks Tihiy!

Edited by Escorpiom

I was trying to avoid running a beta version of the program, but...I couldn't resist anymore and removed ClassicShell, then installed StartIsBack.

It's impressive, integrates perfectly and even the default orb is OK. And the setup package is only 586KB, lol!

Absolutely no issues here.

Not going back, this is a keeper, thanks Tihiy!

StartIsBack is indeed impressive, and it doesn't conflict with Classic Shell. I have both StartIsBack and Classic Shell running alongside. :)

- Icon flickering

- Translations

- Any Win8RP issues

- Arabic/RTL languages

Did you just say that "thanks for all the help, now when you have helped me go buy my program. ?. MSFN dont support that.

Did you just say that "thanks for all the help, now when you have helped me go buy my program. ?. MSFN dont support that.

What are you talking about???

Read what he stated below.

I already read it. I'm not sure how you got what you wrote "thanks for all the help..." out of that.

I already read it. I'm not sure how you got what you wrote "thanks for all the help..." out of that.

He might aswell just could have said that. Thats what im saying.

You must have some mind-reading and English-interpreting powers being able to turn a statement that there will be a site for purchasing available soon into what you said.

You do realize that Tihiy probably plans on marketing this to everyone who wants the Start Menu back in Windows 8, not just those who are on MSFN or even specifically those who are involved in this thread or other testing avenues?

You must have some mind-reading and English-interpreting powers being able to turn a statement that there will be a site for purchasing available soon into what you said.

You do realize that Tihiy probably plans on marketing this to everyone who wants the Start Menu back in Windows 8, not just those who are on MSFN or even specifically those who are involved in this thread or other testing avenues?

I do know he is other places like pirates sites yes, where he promotes his tool, do you think he does this for funny?, open your eyes, moneys moneys its all about moneys.

The fact that the file product would be a pay product was never in doubt as it was made clear when the thread was created.

Also, Tihiy's previous similar but relatively speaking inferior project to this one, Ex7for8 was free all along. You have a pretty weak argument, and whether your argument were weak or strong, I think I can speak for everyone else who's been involved in this thread that we're not interested in anything you have to say, unless you can come up with something constructive, which I doubt you are capable of.