Start Is Back - 2.1 release

Tihiy

It's amazing. 18 pages of comments re: StartIsBack and you're the first to be a hater. If you don't like it, please go away and don't clog Tihiy's thread with useless negative posts.

You must have some mind-reading and English-interpreting powers being able to turn that statement of mine into hating this project.

In fact i use his 7explorer8, that dont have any trials nor is gonna cost money soon, so stop blaffing, do you think that those people that are here now testing this is satisfied within 30 days when they trials run out?, do the math. Sure they might get another RC or 5 and still be able to test his money making program but soon this is all over and you will have to pay to get the same joy. Its called false hope and scam in the last end.

Edited by wazer

Did you just say that "thanks for all the help, now when you have helped me go buy my program. ?. MSFN dont support that.

What are you talking about???

Read what he stated below.

Next version should be Release Candidate and it should come in a week, i hope, alongside with a site and purchase options.

I already read it. I'm not sure how you got what you wrote "thanks for all the help..." out of that.

He might aswell just could have said that. Thats what im saying.

The fact that the file product would be a pay product was never in doubt as it was made clear when the thread was created.

This was added later on.

Next version should be Release Candidate and it should come in a week, i hope, alongside with a site and purchase options.

Issues need to be resolved

- Metro hotkey not working first time

- Icon flickering

- Translations

- Better install/uninstall experience

- Auto/manual updates for StartIsBack

Issues wontfix for RC/1.0

- Gray text in start menu search (that's how search fields look with RTM theme)

- Any Win8RP issues

- Arabic/RTL languages

- Black High contast theme support

All feature requests are to be considered.

I need more trusty pals which can help me test activation system. If you have several real PCs with x86/x64 Win8/Server2012 and can spend some time helping me, please e-mail/PM me.

Did you just say that "thanks for all the help, now when you have helped me go buy my program. ?. MSFN dont support that.

It's in the second post of this thread where it clearly says:

Now to beta testing. Please note: this program will not be freeware. I spent huge amount of time on this and Ex7forW8 and donation drive is low.

However, useful beta testers and everyone who did donate for Ex7forW8 or will donate will be receiving license keys for free.

Every beta version of StartIsBack has been time-limited for evaluation and testing purposes.

It's amazing. 18 pages of comments re: StartIsBack and you're the first to be a hater. If you don't like it, please go away and don't clog Tihiy's thread with useless negative posts.

You must have some mind-reading and English-interpreting powers being able to turn that statement of mine into hating this project.

In fact i use his 7explorer8, that dont have any trials nor is gonna cost money soon, so stop blaffing, do you think that those people that are here now testing this is satisfied within 30 days when they trials run out?, do the math. Sure they might get another RC or 5 and still be able to test his money making program but soon this is all over and you will have to pay to get the same joy. Its called false hope and scam in the last end.

So you like his work as long as he doesn't charge for it, but since he wants to charge for it he's an evil, evil person who secretly hopes to take over the world by this subtle attempt.

[sarcasm]You are so clever, wazer. And so original! [/sarcasm]

You're still here? Go away please!

Thanks.

You two are going to have to take your argument somewhere else! :realmad:

Sorry, I won't respond to wazer any more.

roirraW "edor" ehT i can see how you must protect this since your and some other fellas are close friends to him as it states in the program.

Anyways just leave it, just have to wait and see what i end up with :).

@wazer, there is nothing wrong with your question which is basically "Wait a minute, are you saying this project is not free after all the testing?"

- Unfortunately it's not free, as it was clearly stated and just as anyone could witness from the very beginning - even beta0 which was the very first version of StartIsBack came out with a time limit.

Sorry for quoting this again:

It's in the second post of this thread where it clearly says:
Now to beta testing. Please note: this program will not be freeware. I spent huge amount of time on this and Ex7forW8 and donation drive is low.

However, useful beta testers and everyone who did donate for Ex7forW8 or will donate will be receiving license keys for free.

Every beta version of StartIsBack has been time-limited for evaluation and testing purposes.

Removed Beta3. Installed Beta4 and it activated itself. So the activation maintained.

If I rename a start menu item through properties then it keeps the old name. After about 10-20 seconds it updates.

Everything else I reported seems to be working fine now. DEP is no longer required. This is nearing perfection!

I suggest submitting this app to the App store (with properly satisfied requirements and documented evidence of the whole process).

If they refuse it, go to the press and make a big deal out of it. Reward: free publicity.

If they accept it, even better. Reward: free publicity and satisfaction from the irony.

GL

I suggest submitting this app to the App store (with properly satisfied requirements and documented evidence of the whole process).

If they refuse it, go to the press and make a big deal out of it. Reward: free publicity.

If they accept it, even better. Reward: free publicity and satisfaction from the irony.

GL

Fully agree. :thumbup

GL

FWIW, I think it would be conversely ironic to have a Modern UI App to reinstate the Desktop UI Start Menu. I don't think this is a good idea. The most vocal Modern UI haters who avoid it at all costs won't even want to use the Modern UI long enough to do that. After all, although it has yet to be seen if Tihiy is interested in eventually having SiB actually disable Modern UI at least as far as not even being able to get to it, if that was a possibility then how would updates ever be seen/delivered for SiB? The user would have to re-enable Modern UI (it wouldn't actually be disabled as in Ex7forW8, just never seen most probably), get the update and then re-disable Modern UI.

It's not worth all the trouble.