• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
Tihiy

Start Is Back - 2.1 release

2,083 posts in this topic

Hi Tihiy is possible add left (start screen) and right (win+x) click in left down side on the next 1.2?

If you want both now, create dword value 1 named 'EnableStartEdge' in HKCU\SOFTWARE\StartIsBack.

ok I'll try and report feedback

thanks is very perfect and simple to do, why you don't add this in a check box of start is back setting?

Idea for next version, is to have option for Start Menu without the Start Orb at all for more Windows 8 look, so Win Key would still open Start menu even though there is no accrual orb in the taskbar

Idea for next version, is to have option for Start Menu without the Start Orb at all for more Windows 8 look, so Win Key would still open Start menu even though there is no accrual orb in the taskbar

You can always just use a blank 1x3 pixel start orb image

That doesn't remove the spacing , Its more we need a option to remove the button and use the hotspot corner instead, you can also access the settings from right clicking on the start menu its self.

Edited by LiveOrDie

That doesn't remove the spacing , Its more we need a option to remove the button and use the hotspot corner instead, you can also access the settings from right clicking on the start menu its self.

It does if you don't check 'Resize to fit taskbar'. Also, there is a setting in registry to use Start hot corner - HKCU\SOFTWARE\StartIsBack EnableStartEdge = 1.

I have a problem, when do right click-> properties an strange error appears, a bug?

thump_8147156sin-ttulo.png

I tried it just for laughs and it actually works just fine, there is not orb space left, what's more, when I click on the bottom down I still get the start menu to open!

Cool!

I have a problem, when do right click-> properties an strange error appears, a bug?

Unfortunately it's a bug in Spanish translation. It's fixed in 1.2RC.

thump_8147156sin-ttulo.png

Could be corrupt configuration.

*edit* never mind

Edited by Aaaaa

@Tihiy

why are you sending blank emails? 1 got 2 today.

@Tihiy

Yeah, I got one yesterday and one today.

@Tihiy

Yeah, I got one yesterday and one today.

Haven't received any of those blank notifications - BTW, they're not sent by Tihiy. :lol:

Sorry guys, script error. Won't happen again, I promise. :no:

No problem :)

ok :)

It happens. No big deal. That's what the delete key is for :lol:

Thanks Tihiy ! for sure i'll buy yor product ;)

Just a quick question. I received two Emails this morning from StartIsBack@startisback.com, with Subject: StartIsBack donator license key gift, and there is nothing in the text in either of them other than a "0". I was just wondering if these are actually from StartIsBack.com, and to let you know that, while I did purchase five licenses, I wasn't a donor during development so I probably shouldn't be getting these anyway.

Just a quick question. I received two Emails this morning from StartIsBack@startisback.com, with Subject: StartIsBack donator license key gift, and there is nothing in the text in either of them other than a "0". I was just wondering if these are actually from StartIsBack.com, and to let you know that, while I did purchase five licenses, I wasn't a donor during development so I probably shouldn't be getting these anyway.

:)

hmm I've the 1.2Rc1 installed but from the app menù it says new version avaible...but when I click it will open the websites where only the 1.1 version is downloadable...what's happening? O_o There's a new version or not? And where is if yes?

I just purchased the 5 PC license in hopes of throwing a few to some friends. This has now become a lot harder than expected.

Any chance of making them individual licenses?

Sell them to me... I really love this soft and am looking to buy its license desperately, but the problem is i dont have paypal as it is not offered for my country.. I have moneybookers (skrill) instead.. Any chance of accepting payment through moneybookers???

I also requested the startisback author (tihiy) to give an alternate option of purchasing for countries tht arent offered paypal as a payment processor for online purchases, but didnt get any reply or update so far. I have been following this thread since day 1 the project started and really love it useful soft, the best in its class..

Edited by usmanrasheed18

hmm I've the 1.2Rc1 installed but from the app menù it says new version avaible...
Sorry, RC versions don't check right. I'll fix this.
I just purchased the 5 PC license in hopes of throwing a few to some friends. This has now become a lot harder than expected.
Well, license does not strictly prohibit sharing your key. But sublicensing is not possible and not planned.
Any chance of accepting payment through moneybookers???
Unfortunately, not yet. Maybe you can be a translator?

I am receiving Format '% ' invalid or incompatible with argument every time i choose properties from the start button in my spanish Windows 8 Pro. Please can you help me? I am finishing my trial and i am not sure to get the soft with this annoying message.

Not all is bad, search function on the dialog box works better than any other competitors.