Start Is Back - 2.1 release

Tihiy

I have a small question before buying though... I saw on startisback.com that you use motherboard identification, once StartIsBack is activated does it stay so or will it check the motherboard regularly? Because I've installed Win8 on a usb key (see the Usb To Go feature on Win8) and I often use it on several different computers...

I have a small question before buying though... I saw on startisback.com that you use motherboard identification, once StartIsBack is activated does it stay so or will it check the motherboard regularly? Because I've installed Win8 on a usb key (see the Usb To Go feature on Win8) and I often use it on several different computers...

It should still work because it would be tied to usb stick serial number. I've gifted you a key to test it.

Hi Tihiy, I use VMware on my PC.

Microsoft Windows 8 Professional (x86)

Microsoft Windows 8 Professional (x64)

I would like to add StartIsBack with my VM's but serial/response generated for my PC doesn't seem to work with my VM's?

Not a fortune spent but seem unfair I should have to use up so many activations for one PC?

I would like to add StartIsBack with my VM's but serial/response generated for my PC doesn't seem to work with my VM's?

Not a fortune spent but seem unfair I should have to use up so many activations for one PC?

All VMWare / Hyper-V activations should generally count as one. I can't guarantee it, though. You can freeze time, duplicate bios uuid or just change user / reinstall every 30 days. I'm not sure how fair this is.

If you want this issue resolved, contact me. I'll set up a web service which would allow you to check your license keys and how much activations are used on them in a few days.

How does activation keep track of hardware change?

I change the HDD and restore from backup, would it remain activated?

I change HDD, activate with key (it still counts on the previous activation), but then I change the motherboard. What happens then?

Thanks

I change the HDD and restore from backup, would it remain activated?

Yes, as long as you use the same mainboard.

I change HDD, activate with key (it still counts on the previous activation), but then I change the motherboard. What happens then?

Once both the HDD and mainboard change you'll need another activation.

Thanks Tihiy, my first step will be bought the 2 or 5 licenses key.

Then, I would like to integrate into Windows 8 image using the classic $OEM$ dir.

Just a question. Is there any silent installation switch? Like "setup.exe /s"

Unfortunately, not yet. The easiest integration method i can think of is all-users install and os capture into install.wim.

Well, is there any guide to do that? Because I never integrate application into Install.wim.

I believe the installer will modify something on registry to start the menu.

It should still work because it would be tied to usb stick serial number. I've gifted you a key to test it.

Tested it this morning, it works like a charm! And I bought the 5 PC Activations. Thanks Tihiy ;)

Edited by kelsett